Is Lewisberry, PA a good place to raise a family? How are the schools? Is it close to shopping?

Asked by Amy, Elburn, IL Sat Oct 2, 2010

Answers

2
Everard Kort…, Agent, Lancaster, PA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
I do not live in that area ,but would advise you to do some home work . Information about schools and their success ratings are easily available via a Google search. Also it it easy to check crime rates and demographics for the area.
For a great family life their are other sometimes more important things than schools and shops. I have lived in areas with great schools, great demographics but high drug use.
I have lived in communities with beautiful housing , beach and sport facilities and all the shopping one could possibly want, but social contacts were about zero amongst neighbors.
Paula J Burt, , York County, PA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Amy,
Yes, it is a great place to raise a family! It's also one of the growth areas in our market, with some very nice homes from which to choose. The schools are good; I can send you a link for that school system, if you'll send me your email address.
Lewisberry (Etters Area) is about half-way between York & Harrisburg. There is a small shopping center there, and they are building a brand new WalMart Center in a new Shopping Center they are building, so there is more coming in the way of shopping options.
The York Shopping Centers and Malls are about 20 - 30 minutes south, and the Harrisburg Centers/Malls are about 20 - 30 minutes north.
It is really a very lovely, mostly rural area.
Let me know if you have any further questions or need more specific information.
Paula Burt, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Keystone Realty, York, PA
RealEstateLadyPJB@gmail.com