If I was to move to !228 Alpine Street and did not want my 11 year old to attend Heritage do I have a choice to send to Longs Mead Middle?

Asked by Dave And Lisa White, Longmont, CO Sat Jul 28, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3053614908-1228-Alpine-St-Longm…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Hello Whites!

I'm going to send you over to look at the district web site and the policy. The school principal is the person who determines whether you can take advantage of the open enrollment option. I recommend that you get an application in as soon as possible.

Heritage and Trail Ridge middle schools are within walking distance. However, if your 11-year-old is enrolled at another school in the district, your student may be able to attend that school until you ready to be relocated.


Good luck.

0 votes
The April Ne…, Agent, Loveland, CO
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Hello Dave and Lisa,

As a parent who used to live close to the Longmont elementary school that was given the lowest grades in the city - I completely understand where you are coming from.

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Longmont does have the policy to allow parents to apply at whatever school they choose to enroll their children at.

The not so good news is that you do need to provide transportation to that school if it is not in your district (a small price to pay for a quality education in my opinion) and you will also need to apply EARLY as the better graded schools are in demand and they cannot over enroll. So it will be very important to get this ball rolling asap for your children.

I would start by contacting the principal in the school you are wishing to enroll with and see where they stand on their numbers for this year and who they would recommend you call next to get the process started.

April Neuhaus
0 votes
Judith Thomas, , Boulder, CO
Sat Jul 28, 2012
All St. Vrain schools will take students on 'Open Enrollment' if they have extra capacity (not overenrolled). You will need to provide transportation for your student to and from school, if you Open Enroll, as the District will not bus students who are Open Enrolled. You will need to fill out a simple application and have it approved by the Principal of the school, but this is generally not a problem. I'm assuming you mean Longs Peak Middle School? Give their Registrar a call and he/she can help you with this process. It should be fairly easy to do.
0 votes
Barbara Longo, Agent, Longmont, CO
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Hi Dave & Lisa, There is open enrollment in the district if space is available. The phone number for the district is 303 776 6200 and their web site is http://www.stvrain.k12.co.us. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Schools in Longmont Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more