If I live in a certain area in Duval County and don't want to go to the school I'm zoned for can I just go to another school? Or do I have

Asked by Joy, Jacksonville, FL Sat Aug 14, 2010

to move? The school I'm zoned for doesn't have an advanced program for me.

Answers

6
Ron Harris, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sun Aug 15, 2010
I struggle with some of the same questions. The School Board website could be much better and should include school assignments and boundary maps. Currently the only way to have complete confidence in what you represent to clients is to call the school board at: 904-390-2144.

In addition to magnets, I heard that if the school has an "F" grade for 3? years straight, you can transfer to another school? (Better check the details on that one)

Ron Harris
Harris Realty Partners, LLC
Jacksonville, FL
Celia Lester, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sat Aug 14, 2010
You must live in the area. They have made exception if the child care used is in that area or if you work in the area and child goes there before and after school. You want to call Duval county school system for the correct answer. Also ask about the magnet program.
Daniel Workm…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sat Aug 14, 2010
you don't necessarily have to attend your local neigborhood school. The school magnet program allows the student to attend any school in the county boundaries. all depending on the program of study.
Christian Wi…, Other Pro, Jacksonville, FL
Sat Aug 14, 2010
they will tell you exactly which school your child must attend. If its your 1st registration you have to show them an actual utility bill before they will register your child. Exceptions being special ed, ESOL (other languages than English) and magnet schools. For advanced students you must produce grades that they like or child must score high enough on a specialized test.
Howard Flasc…, Agent, St Johns, FL
Sat Aug 14, 2010
Here is the link to the Duval County school board's website regarding Magnet Programs.

http://www.duvalschools.org/static/ourschools/listings/magne…

Should you have any questions regarding school grades and such you can visit this site as well:

http://www.roundtablerealty.com/north-florida-school-search.php

Let us know if you need anymore help!
Daniel Workm…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sat Aug 14, 2010
visit the school board website regarding magnet programs. Available studies will be listed. Requirements are given.