I would like to see that property, caqn i schedule an appointment?

Asked by Eva, Berkeley, CA Sat Feb 9, 2013

This question was asked from http://=www.trulia.com%2Fforeclosure%2F3108134077--University-Ave-2… target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3108134077--University-Ave…

Answers

3
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Eva

If you haven't already done so, you may want to engage a realtor to help you find properties that ARE offered for sale. Oftentimes, when people search on line, they find properties like the one you saw :that are not for sale....yet.

On Listing Book, we realtors can set it up so that you are automatically notified every time a property meeting your criteria becomes available. And you can change the criteria anytime.

Let one of us help you.

By the way, if you haven't talked with a lender yet to be prequalified/preapproved for a loan (in case you're not paying cash), you may want to do that first to find out:
how much you can afford
what kind of loan you can get and at what interest rate
how much of a downpayment you need
and what your comfort level is (are you comfortable with having half of your take home pay go towards mortgage payment? If not...what is the maximum you're willing to pay?)

A lender can help you with these questions. And if you don't have one, a realtor can give recommend more some whom you can talk with.

Bill & Elijah…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Eva
This property is not for sale. Most realtors have acess to every home on the market. My advice is to find one you like and then you'll have an ally to work on your behalf, show you property etc.
Best of luck to you
Barbara Levy, , Berkeley, CA
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Hi Eva,

This property is not yet formally on the market. The foreclosing bank will assign it to an agent to sell and then it will be placed on the multiple listing service and will be available to be seen. We can't predict when that will be. Sometimes the foreclosing banks act relatively quickly and sometimes it takes awhile for them to go through the process and actually put the property on the market.

In our area, foreclosing banks do not want to sell any of their properties until they are placed formally on the market and have been marketed/advertised. Usually, they will not even look at offers until there has been a short marketing period. I know that Realty Trac wants to convince potential customers that the bank owners will just want to sell to them without the formal marketing, but this is not the case. I don't know whether or not it is true for other areas of country, but certainly it is not true for ours.

We also do not know at price the property will be listed. The foreclosing bank usually sends an appraiser to the property in order to determine the price.

I would be happy to show the condo to you when it becomes available. I recognize the building and have sold condos in that building before.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Barbara

Barbara Levy
(510) 504-1522
Better Homes & Gardens Mason McDuffie Real Estate
BarbaraLevyHomes@gmail.com