I would like to know if Maplewood considered a good nieghborhood for families

Asked by Moshe Flaster, Troy, NY Sun Jan 3, 2010

Answers

4
1-855-joe-bu…, , Rochester, NY
Tue May 29, 2012
You really need to visit the area for yourself and speak to "unbiased" people about it. A Realtor is bound by law not to be biased and someone who has rental properties in the area of course is going to say it's a good area because that is their business.

That being said, there are certain blocks in the area that are "safe" and some that are not. I have a family member that owns a rental property in Maplewood. It is still an attractive area, yet it is a high percentage of non-owner occupied homes. The schools are decent and that is why many renters from not so nice areas want to move there so they can put their kids in the schools.

There are some truly beautiful houses in the area. Sadly, there is bias in the area as well. We currently have friends desperately trying to sell their GORGEOUS house in Maplewood because the wife was sitting on her porch asking the neighbors to turn down the loud rap music and she was attacked. A visitor of the neighbor threw a rock at her, hit her in the head and she landed in the hospital for days! These people are of German descent and have been the victims of racism for a number of years. They are heartbroken because they absolutely love the house, but the area is too dangerous for them.

So, it depends on what your comfort level is, but you really should check out the area before making a decision or getting locked into a 1 yr lease or a purchase offer.

Best of Luck to you!
Pamela
Maureen L.To…, Both Buyer And Seller, Rochester, NY
Sun Aug 29, 2010
Assumng you are speaking of Rochester, NY Maplewood neighborhood, it is part of the Rochester School system my children participaed, has the Maplewood YMCA, Rose garden, many nice single homes still devoted to1900 to 1930 full of character and originality.There are some very reasonable homes there. I my self participated in the YMCA, haver attended the festivities in this area, The Genesee River Gorge runs thru it and the Seneca Park Zoo is very near by.I have sent you a likk to the Maplewoodneighborhood. http://www.maplewood.org/ .I hope you can find what you are looking for
Bgs Corp, , 14617
Tue Jan 5, 2010
Maplewood is a good neighborhood, there are two high schools, library, fire station, on the Dewey ave corridor and then there is the lake ave corridor, i owned a house off the dewey ave corridor, which i am selling bcos it has a swimming pool that has cause me problems. the street is quiet, the neighbors are good, i know a realtor up the street personally, and between his house and mine they is a fireman's and a policeman's houses. i ran a three month test before i rented the property, and i had over a hundred inquiries, this should tell you of the demand for the area. our company owns rental property in rochester
Cindy "B" Ro…, Agent, Pittsford, NE
Mon Jan 4, 2010
I grew up in the Maplewood area, so I love it there still!! But, not sure if you speaking of the Maplewood Neighborhood in Rochester, NY or else where!? There are some really big houses that have been well taken care of with hardwoods floors, leaded glass windows, crown molding and more!