I would like to buy a property in san antonio, tx. I liked that property, but Tax are too high, is any way to lower the tax!answer

Asked by Shagufta, San Antonio, TX Sun Apr 7, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3103785669-22022-Diamond-Chas…

Answers

7
, ,
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Great question! There are some exemptions that you may or may not qualify for. However, taxes are only one item that is included in you total monthly payment. If your biggest concern is your monthly payment, then I can help. I will show you how to lower your net monthly payment. Please call me at 210-789-2870. I am positive I can share an effective solution.

Jon Nichols
Nichols Home Lending
Sue Baillio, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Apr 8, 2013
The tax base is set by each county. The majority of your taxes are the school taxes and this property is in NEISD so the taxes are set by this district. As a homeowner, you may protest the taxes or apply for certain deductions that would apply to you; homestead, senior or disability.

There are homes in that area that may have lower taxes because they may be our of the Bexar county jurisdiction.

Happy to help you locate a home that fits your financial expectations.

Sue
Vino Alonzo, , San Antonio, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Hi.

Should you find a desirable neighborhood outside 1604 with lower taxes as some of the agents have proposed, theere is a possibility that the property might be eligible for $0 Down USDA Financing.

If this interests you, please contact me to get your free pre-approval.

Vino Alonzo, Loan Officer
NMLS# 184279
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
210-685-7642
valonzo@castlecooke.com
But hurry, that might change come September 30!
Flag Sun Apr 7, 2013
Claudia McSh…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Dear Shagufta,

There are three ways to lower your property taxes:

- Register your home as homestead (you can only have one)
- Senior citizen discount ( you have to be 65 or older)
- Veteran disability ( you have to be a Veteran and be, I believe, at least 10% disabled)

Of course, you have the opportunity to protest your taxes, the improvement part, not the land.

The other option you have is to purchase a home in an area where the taxes are not as high. Here is a link with all the tax rates in San Antonio and surrounding communities:

http://independencetitle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/TaxG…

I hope this helped you a little. If you need further assistance, I will gladly be at your service.

Claudia McShane
Joyce Klein Realtors
(210) 744--4502
The_Realtor4U@yahoo.com

It is prudent to check with the Bexar County Appraisal District to verify.
Web Reference:  http://www.SAHomes4Sale.net
Cleve Wilson, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Tax rates on land and structure are set by statute but appraised values are opinions and can be contested. Once you own a property you can ask for a hearing to contest value estimated by Bexar County Appraisal District. Generally, appraised values are estimated on the low side so they do not have to contest each year on each property. Although I have seen some really exagerated tax values in certain areas that you would have to be stupid not to contest.
It is funny that when you want to sell you want a higher appraised value but when just owning it you want to have it lowered to save taxes. No one likes taxes and your only recourse is to challenge what the county thinks the value of your home is and apply for every tax exemption program available to you. For sure you should get Homestead Exemption that will save you 5% but you have to apply.
Gregory Touc…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Shagufta-

There are properties just a bit north that have a bit lower tax if they are located outside the city limits. Otherwise it would be a matter if you qualify for any tax exemptions.

This is in the Stone Oak area in the northern part of San Antonio and I am very familiar with it. I have a couple building a home there now.

How can I best be of help to you? Please feel free to contact me directly with any and all questions.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
gregory.touchstone@gmail.com
Johnny Willi…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Here's some information that you might find useful sahomestx.com/bexar_county_homestead_exempt_tax_form

Please feel free to contact me if you've any questions or want to view this home.

Johnny E Williams
Phone: 210-858-7899
Email: johnny@sahomestx.com
Website: http://www.SAHomesTX.com
Mission Real Estate Group