I was wondering if Parkwood Elementary School in Durham, NC is a good school?

Asked by Sadie, 27713 Wed Nov 9, 2011

Answers

2
Sarah Connol…, Both Buyer And Seller, Durham, NC
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Please also consult http://www.strongdurhamschools.com

For all schools, but particularly those in Durham, you really MUST visit. The scorecards and especially the "great schools" score that trulia uses arent representative of the actual quality of the education you get. We love Parkwood. I have five children. There is a very active PTA as well as a great new principal there who plans to stay long term. However, there is a very high ESL population and a high rate of poverty, which are factors that have a detrimental effect on the ratings despite the fact that the teachers and staff are wonderful and the students make great strides.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Parkwood Elementary school is considered to be a good school by most of the people I speak with here in Durham. I have attached a link below to what I consdier to be the best site for hard data on all the schools here in the state. Feel free to contact me through my Trulia profile if you have addtional questions.