I want the truth about the schools... We would be coming from Shawnee Mission School...

Asked by Sadie Defined, Overland Park, KS Wed Apr 10, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3089773225-3933-Campbell-St-K…

Answers

5
clons3253, Both Buyer And Seller, Liberty, MO
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Also there are private schools you may want to consider.
Sun Apr 14, 2013
I went to Shawnee Mission North and now live in Liberty the Liberty school district and KC noth school district as well as parkville and Platte R-3 are all good. I researched school districts online befre moving and have actually like the Liberty school district better than the Olathe schools my children were in over 10 years ago. Missouri has higher testing for children with learning disabilities of any sort. There are always pockets so look at ratings here under schools to see ratings and also check online. Sometimes if you have transportation provided a child can be assigned to a school outside of where you live check that too. Homeschooling is big in the Northland as well.
Don Krueger, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Oh, by the way I see that you aren't moving up here north but to the south.. boy is that a laugh.
And you want good schools... roflmao. I wouldn't move nor could you pay me to live down there.

Does that answer your question.... Call me for more areas to live in and you can get home for that price up north as well.... 277-7055
Don Krueger, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Fri Apr 12, 2013
OK.. THE WHOLE TRUTH.... that's what I am.. honest and blunt....here goes.

The best school districts up here north are... staley and park hill which is in the north Kansas city
school district and liberty schools.. stay away from winnatonka, north Kansas city high, oak park.

there is your answer.. if you would like more info on homes up here or any other questions plse contact me ... Don Krueger @ 816-277-7055 Century 21 agent

and will always be honest and blunt... I get more respect with that and my clients respect that... have a super day
Ed Rippee, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Wed Apr 10, 2013
The truth about the schools is all over the Kansas City Star and the articles that have been written on it. Go to http://www.kansascity.com and you will be able to read up on it. Bottom line, the Kansas City, MO school district is unaccredited due to poor performance by the students. As far as I can tell thus far, the state has not taken over the school district yet and the school board is working hard to prevent the state from doing so while striving to provide a better educational opportunity for the students. The only way for the school board (again, as I understand the current situation) to prevent the state from taking it over is get the students performing better on the measuring tests. At some point, if they continue to be unsuccessful, the state will take it over.

Again, the best way to answer this question is to refer you to the articles the Kansas City Star has written about it and following up with the actual writers of the articles (they have e-mail addresses at the end of the article in most cases). I have found, upon the rare occasions that I have written the authors of an article or two, that they are very responsive.
What do people do when they move to KCMO for schools then? "Regular people" can't all afford to put their children in private schools. We currently live in Mission, but the homes are small and we actually occupy one or the larger homes in the area. But we still need a slightly bigger space. We love Shawnee Mission Schools, but JOCO is very expensive if you want a moderate home. The house I'm in now is 148k, 4bd, 2 1/2 1 tiny car garage, and no place for a kitchen table, or a regular size fridge.... I've looked for something in JOCO and can't ever seem to find what we like and what would work for us... But it's always on the other side of the stateline (minus schools)....Grrr.
Flag Wed Apr 10, 2013
I kept up on the news about KCMO schools. I was just wondering if there was any parents of children that attend that might be able to tell me what exactly it's like for their child. I can read all day about the quality, and the problems, but I'll never know if I don't hear it from someone who is experiencing it. Thank you for your quick response. I'll check the authors as you suggested.
Flag Wed Apr 10, 2013