I want my kids to continue to attend james hubert blake if I move into this location is that possible

Asked by syglobalmarketing, Silver Spring, MD Mon Oct 15, 2012

Answers

4
maj_ford, Home Buyer, Silver Spring, MD
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Parts of the Longmead community in zip 20906 are assigned to Blake High School.
Some of the streets are: Cold Springs, Alpine Meadow Ln, Blue Knob Terr, Bear Valley Terr, Massanutten Dr, just to name a few. The homes in Leisure World that have a 20906 zipcode are technically a Rockville High School zone; however, school busses do not travel within this community because it is a 55+ age community. I know, because a recently looked at a property there on Farnborough Ct. I was told my 16 yr old daughter could not live there because of the "adult only" rule.
maj_ford, Home Buyer, Silver Spring, MD
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Type the address you are considering moving to into the School Assignment Locator, you can find the school assignment locator under Montgomery County Public Schools.
Bruce Lemieux, Agent, Gaithersburg, MD
Mon Oct 15, 2012
As you probably know, Blake is in the Northeast Consortium. So, your kids could continue to go to Blake if your new home is assigned to this cluster.

The 20906 zip goes to a couple clusters. Most homes south of the ICC go to the Downcounty Consortium except for many homes in the Leisure World area which go to the Rockville Cluster. North of the ICC along Layhill and Norbeck Roads are assigned to the Northeast Consortium.

With very few exceptions, all homes in 20905 go to the Northeast Consortium.

You can see a google map of school boundaries below. Hope that helps.
Piero Marinu…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Hi, I live in the Layhill area of Silver Spring in 20906, and there are sections of it that do go to Blake. Where in this area are you looking? Give me a call at 301-807-3501 if you have certain houses you are looking at or if you would like guidance on finding a good property.