I want my child to go to McKenzie. If I buy 237 Westmoreland Dr. can he go to McKenzie? If not, do you have any solutions?

Asked by iforangel, Wilmette, IL Thu Jun 14, 2012

Answers

10
Margaret Mci…, Home Buyer, Washington, PA
Sat Aug 10, 2013
If you want McKenzie school, then certainly look for a home in that district. As a former 27 year resident of Wilmette where my children attended McKenzie school, I can understand that you have a preference. Each of the feeder schools definitely have distinct personalities, although they are all good schools. Be patient. You could rent short term in the McKenzie district for awhile, then buy when the market cools in the fall.
Joel Raynes, Agent, Wilmette, IL
Sun Jun 30, 2013
As others mentioned, this school is in the Romona School area. This is a wonderful school as is all the schools in Wilmette. Please take a look at www. Greatschools.org to get the latest information about all our wonderful schools. I would be happy to help you.

Joel Raynes
Know the numbers...Know Joel!
Joanne Hyun, Agent, Wilmette, IL
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Hi
I am sorry that this home is in Romona school district now.
I could help you to find homes in Mckenzie school district.

Warm regards,
Heidi Laros, Agent, Evanston, IL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
As others have mentioned that home is in the Romona school district, but some new information for you is that the school is rated a 10 on http://www.greatschools.net. That website is a terrific resource for comparing schools on objective measures -- good resource for anywhere you are looking!

Heidi Laros
Mark McCaffr…, Other Pro, Wilmette, IL
Sun Jun 17, 2012
I also live in the McKenzie district and have a great familiarity with the housing stock throughout Wilmette and the North Shore. When you sign the contract, give me a call and I'll make sure you get a good, thorough home inspection.
Nkbwil, , Wilmette, IL
Sat Jun 16, 2012
Sorry, your kids would be forced to go to Romona, where Chicago's mayor went to school. It is a better school than McKenzie. You will have to move further east for your child to attend the school of your choice. There may be a way to go to McKenzie, but this is a town where everybody goes to the local school so it would be a bad idea. Best solution is to find another house.
John Nash, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Thanks for your question. As noted by others that home is not in McKenzie. I live in the Mckenzie district and it is a neighborhood that I specialize in selling with over 50 sales there. I would be happy to assist you in finding a home to buy or rent in McKenzie.

John Nash
Dayle Lively, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Jun 14, 2012

As you have already found out, this house is not in the McKenzie school district. However, there are 5 houses in that district that might suit you. Please let me know if you'd like more information about them, or if I can answer any of your questions.

Dayle Lively
Joel Raynes, Agent, Wilmette, IL
Thu Jun 14, 2012
That address is in the Romona Elementary School. They all feed into Highcrest Middle School and then Wilmette Jr. High. I live in Wilmette and work for Coldwell Banker. All the schools in Wilmette are good schools. Email me if you want some assistance at joel@joelraynes.com or call me at 312-607-2784. I hope this is helpful!
Sara Brahm, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Jun 14, 2012

That address feeds into Romona elementary school in Wilmette. I would be happy to search for homes in the McKenzie district and see if any properties fit your needs. My email is sara.brahm@bairdwarner.com and my cell is 312.925.6561. I live in Wilmette as well and have children in the grade schools.