I'm moving to Atlanta next month. What are some good neighborhood with good public schools? I plan to rent for this first year. $850/month Max.

Asked by tistedoll, Atlanta, GA Wed Jul 9, 2014

Answers

3
Maria, Renter, 30350
Fri Jul 25, 2014
i just moved to sandy springs and my rent is 1022 for a 2 bedroom. Its horrible! I work 2 miles away and on some days it can take me 40 minutes. Keep in mind if you are working dowtown move somewhere near a Marta station. If you want to pay $850 you're going to be stuck in outskirts or south Atlanta is cheaper. You can find places off Chesherbridge Road or Buford Highway but the area is not that great. However, it is very convenient to downtown and midtown.Traffic is the worst ever...
waldron00, , Myrtle Beach, SC
Sun Jul 20, 2014
I moved here (Sandy Springs) last year from CT. I got very lucky not knowing the area. I bought a condo which is considered old down here built in 1983. You can't just rely on how much you want to pay for rent. think of the traffic situation here. How long do you want your commute to work to be? I live 5 miles from my work and it takes me 1/2 hour to get home. $850 is going to get you a small 1 bedroom, maybe 700 sq feet, in a good neighborhood but not in Buckhead, Midtown or Downtown. I want to stress the traffic is HORRIBLE here. I would rather drive in the Bronx during a world series game.
Crystal Gord…, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Im also going to be moving to Atlanta soon. I use this site to check out schools:

http://www.greatschools.org/georgia/atlanta/

You can even paste your address in and it would tell you what zone your house is in. The only neighborhood I know is really nice is lanceville atlanta ga with a good school. I try looking for cheaper but the schools are horrible or a bad neighborhood. You might have to spend a little bit more to get a good school and a decent place:950 and up. Unless you know someone to find something for cheaper or use there address for a better school.

Hope you have better luck.