Jgddss, Home Buyer in Scottsville, KY

I live in vermont and want to move to scottsville. It seems like a wonderful place. What can you tell me about it?

Asked by Jgddss, Scottsville, KY Tue May 1, 2012

What kind of jobs are there and is there a lot of crime. I wouldn't think so but have to ask.

Answers

2
Sherry Givens, Agent, Bowling Green, KY
Thu May 3, 2012
Scottsville is a small rural town that we liken to Mayberry. Crime is very low. There are some but not alot of jobs there. There are 2 larger cities within 30 minutes of Scottsville where the job market is much better. If there are any specific homes you have an interest in, let me know and I will send you more information on them. If you give me the criteria you want in a home, I can do a search and email you the Realtor website page on that property. Feel free to email me or call me directly: syurchisin@gmail.com or (270) 535-7653. I look forward to working for you!--Sherry
Leda Wolfe S…, Agent, Scottsville, KY
Tue May 1, 2012
Hello! My name is Leda Stinson and I am a Realtor/Apprentice Auctioneer for Mills Real Estate & Auction Company in Scottsville, KY. I was born and raised here and have lived here all my life. I think it's a great place to live and raise a family. It is a relatively small town (although we have grown a LOT since I was a kid) with a total county population of around 20,000. There are still a lot of farms here and Barren River Lake is a great lake for fishing and water sports. There are only a couple of manufacturing plants here now. One is Smuckers and the other is Dollar General Corp. Halton Company is also here but last I heard had laid off some employees. There are alot of small business in Scottsville. We have almost become a "bedroom" community of the larger towns nearby (within 25 miles) such as Bowling Green, Glasgow, and Frankin, KY and Portland & Lafayette, TN. Alot of people commute the 20 to 30 minutes to work. As for crime, we're like everyone else, unfortunately, since the economy went downhill, in that theft and drugs have picked up the last few years. I can recall only a very few (
I failed to mention Sumitomo Electric Wiring Services as a manufacturing company which employs several people here in Scottsville also.
Flag Wed May 2, 2012