I live in Valley Center (just north of Wichita) and I would like to go to a different high school, possibly a Wichita school

Asked by fancyfarmer44, Wichita, KS Sun Jan 20, 2013

and wonder if that is possible for a public school. I would also like to know what open school districts are available?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


popie7887, Home Owner, Wichita, KS
Sat Mar 2, 2013
We live in the Goddard school district and from my understanding, they do not allow any transfers. I was trying to transfer one of my grandchildren from one school to another in the same district and was told that they didn't do transfers. I assume that it applies to outside transfers also.
0 votes
Roger Nickel, , Wichita, KS
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Usually schools will allow transfers from out of district students if they have the space. (beause the tax money follows the student) Around Wichita are: Wichita, Goddard and Andover or Remmington area.if you want to go further East. There is also Campus High in the Haysville/Mulvane area . Normally they will not provide bus transportation to students out of district.

Call me if you have further questions or need more information.


Roger Nickel
J.P. Weigand
316 871-7653 cell
0 votes
LeAnna Beat, Agent, Wichita, KS
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Your parents need to contact USD #259, Wichita Public Schools, and talk to someone in administration about a school that would suit your needs. You would need to have a reason to be enrolled in a school outside your district. Typically, a student goes to school within the district they live. Some parents move from one residence to another to enroll their student in a different school for educational purposes. There are also independent private schools, which might be an option. If your parents find a school for you, and need to move, I would be glad to talk to them about listing their current home and helping them find another home within the district of your new school. USD #259 will have a map of the boundaries for each school.
0 votes
Tenna Stokes…, Agent, Wichita, KS
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Then second thing talk them over with your parents, once you deside what school you would like to go to and what area of town your parents would like to live then go to my web site @ http://www.tennasalas.com your parents or you can do a home search, or have them email me at tennasalas@gmail.com and send me a request of specifications of what they are wanting in home and I can do a search through our MLS system and send them some listings available in the zip code area or scool area that they are wanting. Remember Wichita Piblic School system also have a bus program for students who live 2 miles outside the selected school of desire these wood be magnet schools , but double check on there web site
0 votes
Tenna Stokes…, Agent, Wichita, KS
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Well first of all how old are you?do your parents know that you are looking to move to another school, and if they are aware, then fifst I wouldsuggest you go to the school district 259 website to find out what scools are available, they offer many different type of programs according to your giftings and callings upon your life.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more