I am looking to buy a house in Portsmouth.I want to know Portsmouth schools will have the personalized attention that my daughter is used to.

Asked by Mac73, Portsmouth, VA Wed May 16, 2012

My daughter is 12 and will be coming prom an excellent school system in rural WVa. I want to minimize the impact of moving to a big school where she may get lost in the shuffle

Answers

4
Tmlewis0212’s answer
Tmlewis0212, Home Owner, Portsmouth, VA
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Buyer beware. We too moved from out of state to Portsmouth, VA. I wished that someone had warned us about the schools before we bought in this city. The schools are awful and the environment in general is atrocious. We, unfortunately, are stuck in our home at the moment and unable to move out of this terrible city. Good luck. I would look for homes in the Western Branch area (stay away from Dunedin). The schools are much better.

Tonya Lewis
Tony London, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Thu May 17, 2012
Good afternoon Mac73,

The question you ask and the answer you are looking for is something which you should answer for yourself after reviewing hard data. Please follow the link: https://swa.pps.k12.va.us/edulog/webquery/ and then should you want, log onto my web site TonyLondon.com and click on "Usefull Links". This will bring you to a listing of all local cities and their schools. There is other data you may find interesting as well.

After reviewing the information which will give you a solid foundation to work from, call text, or e-mail me and we can arrange for you to tour the schools.

I look forward to meeting you soon.

Tony London, Realtor
757-729-0804
E: Tony@TonyLondon.com
Lorinda Ward, , Norfolk, VA
Thu May 17, 2012
Hello, I would be happy to assist you in finding a home in Portsmouth Virginia in a good school district. Just send me an email letting me know everything that you are looking for and I will send you some listings matching the criteria.
Sara A Steele, Agent, Norfolk, VA
Thu May 17, 2012
Hello and welcome to Portsmouth. There are so many wonderful communities in Portsmouth that will lend themselves to a true sense of community, where neighbors have an interest in eachother and their property. Civic minded, engaging and caring people. Schools are as personal a choice as a community and should be researched carefully to suit you. Please refer to the following link to help you with that decision: http://www.movetoportsmouthva.com/education.html

Let me know if I can be of more assistance by phoning me directly 757-235-2608.
I specialize in Portsmouth real estate.