Schools in Ossining>Question Details

Eirene Samio…, Renter in Mount Kisco, NY

I am looking at the ratings for Ossining schools are they really that bad??? I am very concerned

Asked by Eirene Samiotis, Mount Kisco, NY Mon Jan 7, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3092174057-35-Havell-St-Ossinin…

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Ossining

Answers

4
You got a great reference from Marc! The best thing to do is go to the schools and talk to the teachers and if you can the parents. You can't just look at the scores!
My kids go to Ossining HS (well my daughter actually graduated last year). They LOVE it. Science programs yes, but Music and Art in abundance. Last year was the first year they entered into the nationally recognized Helen Hayes awards for their performance of Elton John's version of Aida. They received 10 nominations and 3 awards. This Spring they are performing Rent. They will clean up at those same awards with all the talent they have.

Last time I checked their graduation classes (about 300) receive scholarships in the millions to go to colleges, many get accepted into Ivy League schools. I'll also add that the guidance counselor was right on the money in advising my daughter where to go to school, and the grades she would need to get in.

I have to believe you'd be hard pressed to find any schools system that can touch them in the combination of brains and talent
Hi, Ossining has the best Science program in the country, if that helps you. I would take the time to visit the schools you have in mind.

Chris