I am debating on sending my children to the Milton public schools. Are they really what they say the are " blue ribbon"?

Asked by Missy, Milton, GA Wed Jul 3, 2013

Answers

2
kavakitty, , Milton, MA
Fri Jul 19, 2013
Both my kids went through the public schools from K-12.

The elementary is superlative. The middle school is mediocre, the teachers are for the most part good but it's a difficult age and kids from the entire town are there so it's a huge transition, the High School can be a positive experience, if the kid is placed in honors or advanced classes they can have a good education, but not if they're placed in standard classes, which are a collection of underachievers, who cause chaos, and prevent learning.

The bonus about the High School, for the most part, a lot of great coaches, with a rare exception of two duds, so participation in athletics enhances any kid's socialization, and hence their educational process, but a lot of the smarter and top notch athletes don't attend the public High School, they attend private schools, thus at the High School level the athletic talent and academic talent is essentially diluted. Keeping in mind there's still talented kids, and academic achievers but less of them, they become the minority. Overall both my kids had a positive experience with the Milton Public School system, I'd rate it a B-. Peace.
John Fall, Other Pro, Boston, MA
Thu Jul 4, 2013
My family has been in Milton for 3 generations and I live here still.
The schools are reputed for good education but I would strongly dispute
the ideologies taught about government and free enterprise (as I have heard
from local friends.)
Something that I consider crucial to teach correctly to children.
You will have to interview teachers and students to arrive at your own conclusion.
A great book on that matter is "The Law" by Frederick Bastiat.
And of course, the Federalist Papers.

Regarding buying a home, our mortgage company will access 53 lenders
and give you 3 quotes, only one call: 800-260-0096
Happy to answer your other questions about Milton. John