Schools in Columbus>Question Details

cfhalbert, Home Buyer in Columbus, OH

I am a professional moving to Athens . My wife wants to live close to or in Columbus because of availability of better elementary schools. What areas?

Asked by cfhalbert, Columbus, OH Mon May 13, 2013

What neighborhoods will ease my commute and have good schools for kids in grades K-6

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Columbus

Answers

9
The ideal location might be Fox Glen in Pickerington. Quick access to 33,, about 25 minutes to Downtown Columbus and about an hour to Athens, maybe longer with traffic. I have a nice 5 level split about to come on the market and M/I Homes have several lots and perhaps a couple of Inventory homes that may be available. Prices range from the lower to mid 200's for a pre-owned home and mid 200's to 300+ or - for a new home. Beautiful big lots. M/I rep is Joe Speakman, 614-622-5621.
I would suggest Bexley or Pickerington both have great schools and would shorten your drive to Athens. Our website http://www.ed.exitcolumbus.com offers great help with communities and schools and livestyle please feel free to vist and conduct a search for your dream home.
Bexley is near 33 that you would take to drive to Athens and the schools are award winning. To find information about schools and this community, please go to http://www.mikecarruthers.com. You will find information about this and other areas. Also, Liveworkplaycolumbus.com is a good resource.

Thanks.
Kim Snowberger
Coldwell Banker King Thompson
2288 E. Main Street Bexley,OH 43209
cell: 614.314.5867
Our website: www. HomeCentralRealty.com has a "school report card" link. You can check the schools there. Go to HomeCentralRealty.com, then click on Ohio Resources, then click on Ohio School District Report Card. That should give you plenty of info about the possible schools you may want to consider. Everyone has opinions about various school districts so its good to compare it to the official report data on achievement. Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Doug Turlo, Broker/Owner
dturlo@HomeCentralRealty.com
614-419-2077
Hello - Athens is about 1 1/2 hours SE of Columbus. Pickerington is a suburb that is 17-18 miles east of Columbus. It is a nice community and it would shorten your drive time by 25 minutes or so. I would love to help you, feel free to call me at 614-946-4383.

Daniel Thompson
Carleton Realty
Schools are very important when it comes to our kids & choosing where to live. I am more than glad to discuss your needs for your new home. Please feel free to give me a call or email. Merilee Grischow Coldwell Banker King Thompson 614-795-8268 Merilee.Grischow@kingthompson.com
That's a great question and one that comes up quite frequently. Everyone seems to define "good schools" differently from academics to diversity to extracurricular activity availabily. I'd be happy to discuss your specific needs, feel free to give me a call at 614-778-3918 or send me an email at joel@theprovidentteam.com.
Good Afternoon- if your goal is to live in the Columbus Metro area and commute to Athens, I would suggest the Bexley area. It has easy access to route 33 which connects both areas, and the schools are among the best in the state. I would be happy to help you explore the area.

Jeremy Gillman
614.266.9152
Jeremy@bexleyliving.com
I would be happy to assist in directing you to the best areas for your needs. Feel free to contact me directly.
Thank you and good luck,
Ginson Speich
e-PRO® Certified Realtor®
Coldwell Banker King Thompson
614.636.3786 (google voice)
773.844.6372 (cell)
ginson.speich@kingthompson.com