How would you describe the public and private education options in Katy?

Asked by Halley S., New York, NY Mon Apr 23, 2007

Answers

5
Deborah Cole, , Katy, TX
Wed Mar 12, 2008
I have found them both to be exceptional. I believe this is one of the reasons why people move to this area of town.
Web Reference:  http://katysignature.com
Jeffrey DiMu…, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sat Feb 16, 2008
When I talk to family or friends about the Katy area (mostly those moving from Florida) we talk about not needing private schools. The Katy School District...south of I-10...is wonderful...and the main reason we chose this area of Houston Metro to live. We love our schools...and so does our 6 year old!
Christa Burg…, , Katy, TX
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Katy Independent School District is one of the most sought out districts in Texas. We have some of the best schools in our area and is one of the main reasons people move here.
Christi Bord…, Agent, Katy, TX
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Living in Katy is truly a family experience, with special focus on our children. We are very proud of our Katy Independent School District, a flourishing suburban school district that encompasses 181 square miles in east Texas. Its eastern boundaries stretch to Houston's energy corridor approximately 16 miles west of downtown Houston and extend along Interstate 10 to a few miles west of the city of Katy. In the 2006-07 school year, the projected student enrollment has grown to more than 50,000 served by 44 schools, including six high schools. Rated as Recognized by the Texas Education Agency, Katy ISD offers an outstanding instructional program with facilities, equipment and materials that are among the best in the state. Our students benefit from a wide-variety of programs, including Community Education, Summer Programs, Gifted and Talented Programs, Vocational Education, Vocational Agriculture, Special Education, Athletics/Physical Education and Alternative Education. For these reasons and so much more. You will want to come home to Katy, too.
., , Katy, TX
Mon Apr 23, 2007
My wife and I are both realtors...we moved here because of the schools. They are wonderful...and they present an enviornment for children to excel.