How is the racial tension at Arlington High School?

Asked by Dukesmom, Lakeland, TN Mon Jul 11, 2011

We are moving to Tennessee from California so we're perfectly aware of the fact that the schools in Tennessee are not as diverse as were use to. Just wondering if there have been any situations people could share with me. I’m trying to decide if Germantown, Lakeland or Collierville have the better schools as far as racial diversity and racial harassments are concerned.

Answers

4
Mdsmith19, Home Owner, Lakeland, TN
Sat Jan 3, 2015
I am a graduate of Arlington High School.bi attend the school grades10-12. I never dealt with racial tension, I truly don't see Arlington going in that direction however, I've been gone since 2009. Best school!
Mike_castle0…, Home Owner, Memphis, TN
Fri Mar 1, 2013
At one time my family and I moved form California; what a culture shock. They still bus students from the inter-city to Germantown.
kcmcnchrist, Home Buyer, Longboat Key, FL
Sun Nov 4, 2012
Our Grandchildren all went to Arlington High in fact one is till there. There is great diversity and no Racial harassment's according to them. The oldest two graduated with honors and the present 10th grader loves her school and speaks of no problems with anyone.
Julia Odom, Agent, Cleveland, TN
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Due to Fair Housing laws, it's precarious for any real estate practitioner to comment on anything remotely related to protected classes (including race, religion, national origin etc) as it could be construed as "steering."

You'll probably get better and more comprehensive answers to your questions on a forum with a wider audience than Trulia. I'd try one like city-data.com. Or you might even call the schools you are interested in and specifically ask them for demographic information or even incidence frequency.