How is the crime?

Asked by Wendycastilleja, Houston, TX Mon Mar 11, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3106647016--Stone-Way-Dr-H…

Answers

3
Carolyn Wol…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Trulia also has a "crime tab" on its reports at the bottom of each listing. It's pretty informative.

And Al's right, no bank is going to let a foreclosure go for what is due on the loan, this area .
I will be happy to send you listings for the Park Hollow neighborhood,
there are properties from 99k -165k
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Wendy ...

The sites that Rick posted should provide the information for you to draw a conclusion. Realtors are prohibited from commenting on whether a particular area is "safe."

I notice that you referred to a foreclosed property apparently scheduled for auction. I trust that the information below will be useful ...

What you see is a posting by RealtyTrac, a reporting service specializing in financially distressed properties. Information here isn't always up-to-date, so the home could be scheduled, may never come up for auction, be postponed, or have already been sold. You'll need to check with the tax collector's office to see what homes will go on the block, and when. Notice that the actual physical address is not listed ... that's intentional. It's RealtyTrac's gimmick to entice you into subscribing to the service, in the hope of finding that once-in-a-lifetime bargain. Believe me, if such properties existed, they'd be gone in an hour.

As for the auctions themselves, please be aware that they're conducted on a cash basis ... you'll need to submit a certified check in order to bid. If the sale price exceeds the amount of your deposit, you'll have 30 days to remit the balance. The homes are sold "as-is, where-is," with no opportunity to view or inspect the property until you own it. There's always the possibility that it will need considerable work ... foundation, under-slab plumbing, roof, etc. All that is on the buyer ... it's yours as it sits.

Your competition will be experienced investors, who know of the pitfalls and have the wherewithal to handle the necessary repairs and improvements. You need to ask yourself whether you have that kind of money, and are willing to take the risk.

The figure quoted will likely be the opening bid, if the property ever does come up ... expect the home to sell for considerably more. These "courthouse steps" auctions are obviously not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. If you're looking for a home, your best bet is to work with a Realtor, who will find the ones that work best for you, as well as protect your interests throughout the transaction ... all at no cost to you as a buyer.

Of course, everyone wants that great deal ... but In this time of a thriving market and depleted inventories, nobody's giving away houses, at auction or otherwise. If I can be of further assistance, please get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Rick and Cat…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Mar 12, 2013