Hi everyone, we are moving to the area in August 2013 from the UK, we are looking for somewhere decent to live we have a 6 year old daughter.

Asked by Sharon Touray, Bradenton, FL Fri Apr 12, 2013

which schools to avoid
which neighbourhoods to avoid.
Thank you in advance

Answers

8
Rebecca, Home Owner, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Wed Apr 17, 2013
I am NOT an agent, rather a life long resident of Manatee County. Please feel free to check the school ratings via the links provided by others. However, in my personal opinion, your best zip codes are 34202, 34212, and 34211. There are MANY great family neighborhoods in these areas! :)
Gina Debbs, , Bradenton, FL
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Sharon, Please take a minute and look at Invitationhomes.com. This is a website of 100's of rentals owned by a large Private Equity Fund. The homes are all in great condition and have been purchased in the past 8 months, many totally updated and ready to move in. They are located throughout Manatee County and offer you many options. It is like a One Stop Shopping experience.

I am a real estate agent that has purchased many of these homes for this buyer and wanted you to have their information so you can see the variety of homes and communities available to you. Happy Hunting...
Rafaela, Home Owner, Bradenton, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
I have a very nice 2 bedroom condo in Boca Grove, Lakewood Ranch, This is in a gate community. It comes with all furniture, including all the utensils in the kitchen (dishes, cups, glasses,...)
How long would you rent?
Please, email me at falill@hotmail.com
Rafaela
I have emailed you, many thanks Sharon
Flag Tue Jun 25, 2013
Renee Rieth, Home Buyer, Bradenton, FL
Fri Jun 14, 2013
As a four year re-located from the north Florida resident and mother of a younger child I for sure agree with Rebecca! And i am not a Realtor:) wish I had thought of posting a question like yours prior to our move would have saved literally years of searching:) best of luck
Glenda Mathe…, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Hi Sharon

I moved from Yorkshire to the Gulf Coast in 2005. I would be more than happy to show around the area. There is a lot of information regarding schools on the County Schools website.

Please feel free to call with any questions.

My cell number is 941 224 0032
e-mail is glenda@glendamatheson.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Glenda Matheson
Realtor ,GRI, SFR, TRC
Stateof Florida Notary
Coldwell Banker
Diane Christ…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Fri Apr 12, 2013

We real estate agents cannot comment on neighborhoods to avoid or school districts to avoid, as answers to those questions by agents may potentially be a violation of the Fair Housing Laws in our country.

That being said, we can give you links to the Manatee county school system web site where you can find a wealth of information about the various school districts, FCAT scores and they also have a link where you can input an address in Manatee county and it will give you the 3 school districts for that address.

The school web site is: http://www.manatee.k12.fl.us/

The FL Dept of Education has also ranked all of the schools in FL by a specific set of criteria, you can find the Manatee school rankings at the following link:

https://app2.fldoe.org/Ranking/Schools/RankDetailDist.aspx?dist=41

Regarding neighborhoods, if you can be more specific about what your family is searching for in the way of style of homes, number of bedrooms, pool or no pool, community amenities, deed restrictions or not and price range you're looking to stay within, agents who live and work in the area such as myself can assist you based on that criteria and assist you in finding some neighborhoods that fit your needs.

I am a 30 year resident of the Sarasota - Bradenton area and have lived in Manatee county for 8 years now, so I am well versed on the local neighborhoods and would be happy to answer questions you may have about neighborhoods and communities based on criteria other than your originally posted questions.

thanks,

Diane Christner, Realtor, GRI, SFR
Realty Executives Solutions
Sarasota, FL
cell: (941) 726-7109
email: DianeMC21@aol.com
http://www.DianeChristner.com
Jane Ebury, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Hi, My name is Jane Ebury I am originally from the UK, moved here in 2005 with an 18 month old and a 6 year old. Please give me a call to discuss the best course of action with regards to the kids and area to settle. School is a little different here but not much.

My cell is 941-726-9360
email jane@murrayrealtyflorida.com

No obligation I am happy to advise!
Cedric Vique…, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Fri Apr 12, 2013
There are many beautiful areas here in Bradenton.
I would be more than happy to send you a package with different options for you and your family.
Please email me directly.
Thank you and looking forward to helping you.