Hi!! I'm totally nervous my two daughters will be attending this following year at David lubin! Is it true that kids are bullying kids!!?

Asked by Ashley taylor, Sacramento, CA Wed May 1, 2013

I heard this at a restaurant, an also that kids making fun of other kids?? Because I what they wear?? Please answer anyone I'm concerned need to know before I put my 2 daughters there i don't want to put them there And have them get bullied or teased!!;(( thanks totally appreciate it

Answers

3
Jaime Becker, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu May 2, 2013
Maybe attend a PTA meeting.
Antonina La…, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Thu May 2, 2013
Bullying in schools is nothing new in the past and in the present and in many schools. However, today this behavior is no longer tolerated. I suggest that before you put your 2 daughters in a particular school, discuss this matter with the school adminisration. Find out about their policy, rules and regulations specifically on bullying. This way, it will help in your decision as to which school to put your daughters. Additionally, have the conversation with your daughters in regards to being open with you in the event this happens and not to have any fear.
Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu May 2, 2013
Your concerns should be addressed with the school administration. Bullying is much more complicated now because bullying includes sending derogatory messages or photos on cell phones, emails etc and not just face to face.

The schools take this very seriously, and laws have also been established to address this concern in our schools.

Unfortunately, you cannot wrap your children in a cocoon. They will encounter disturbing and rude conversations with peers, even if it's not bullying. Teach your children at home how to handle those circumstances, and have the conversation directly with the school so you can feel comfortable that it is minimized. Bullying is NOT tolerated at schools, when it's observed.