Schools in El Paso>Question Details

energypaysdi…, Home Buyer in El Paso, TX

Hello, Were are planning to move to El Paso in the near future, I would like to know , which side of town has the best schools?

Asked by energypaysdiana, El Paso, TX Wed Jan 16, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Schools in El Paso

West side of town has the best schools in EPISD. Tippin Elem, Horndeo Middle and Franklin High are the few I am familiar with.
You will find the best schools (all types) on the West Side.
The eastside also has great schools. My kids attend Eastwood Heights Elementary School. It is considered one of the best public schools in the city and has proven that to me time and again. it feeds into two more highly esteemed El Paso schools: Eastwood Knolls (which is K-8) and Eastwood High School. However if you are not in their districts there is a wait list to transfer in.
What grade are your kids in? If middle school, all I can say is DO NOT take them to BASSET Middle School. They have a serious bullying problem that get swept under the rug and they do not do anything about it. The district office doesn't do jack about it either. They keep referring me back to the school and they want me to reenroll my children there. My daughter is scared to death to go back. They were there for a month and I withdrew them. We started out in Socorro School district and they were awesome. We accepted a house on post which is EPISD and that is what Bassett is under. All the other middle schools in EPISD is OK. Canyon Hills is alright. I don't care for the principal there. All the High Schools are great and I can't tell you about the elementary schools. I do know that SISD is good all the way around. All of their schools are good and they are East El Paso.
I lived in El Paso tx for 8 years, El Paso it's been grown so fast but we always stay in the west side, we moved last year to Midland Tx we are currently selling our house too. Here is a link so you can see the rating on schools my kiddos went to Polk Elementary school.…

Good luck in El Paso
Monica :)
As a mother of 4, I can relate to where your concern in school comes to play. El Paso has several school districs each has there specialty in performance. There is so much to consider when looking for the right school. Acedemics, test scores, child to teacher ratio, parent involvement, the list goes on and on. As a former PTA President 2 years in a row I recommend going to this website. ...
Also, if you get a change make some phone calls and interview current staff and principles.
It's always best to get to know our area.
Communication is key to finding what you are looking for.
Hope this helps.

Your realtor,
Joann Garcia
http://www.yourelpasohomesTo start your mobile home search text GARCIA to 87778
Web Reference:
That is an excellent question ! You're in luck. El Paso has a number of exemplary schools. Every school district in El Paso has great schools. There are also a number private schools available.

What part of town are you considering moving into ? I can always pull up the schools in that particular area

Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Warn regards,

Jorge Reyes
I would definitely advice you to enroll your children in one of many of the Westside schools. Zach White, Tippin, Lundy, Western Hills, Rosa Guerrero, these are all elementary schools that consistantly meet great achievements in academics. Feel free to contact me for any of your real estate needs. Good luck and welcome to El Paso.
What is it you consider important? Class room sizes, test scores, exemplary schools, sports, art or music programs can all be used to rate districts.

There are 5 different school districts in El Paso. Canutillo ISD, El Paso ISD, Soccorro ISD, Ysleta, ISD and Clint ISD. There are pros and cons to each.

Here is a link to the trulia page that gives information about schools in El Paso.

My kids went to El Paso ISD schools and we were very happy with the results.

Best of luck in your search and please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.