Lthomson, Home Buyer in 34116

Hello All, Me wife and my 4 duaghters are thinking of moving to southern california. We are looking to be close to beach and a good family community.

Asked by Lthomson, 34116 Mon Jan 28, 2013

We are a young family (early 40's,kids 9,11,14,17). We have a year and half until my oldest finishes high school. What area's should we look for and should I buy now and maybe rent it out until we are ready to move. Price I would like to stay between 2m-4.5m

Answers

8
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
If you've decided not to buy in Naples Florida, we do have a Naples neighborhood here in Southern California, it's an area of Long Beach right by the beach. Many of the homes even have little boat docks. You might also like Huntington Harbor or parts of Newport Beach down on the bay, you could have a nice place on one of the islands (Lido, Harbor, Bay or Balboa Peninsula), these areas also have private boat & yacht docks.

There are great schools in all of these areas both public & private. You should check out http://www.GreatSchools.org

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk about this further, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
Jack Shirk, Renter, Simi Valley, CA
Thu Oct 17, 2013
I hope you make a lot of money. I have lived out here for over 20 years. not even close to the beach and just to rent something have way decent, 4 bedrooms and up is 3 grand or more if you want good schools, out near the beach you're looking more that 4 to 5k. This sounds to me like your 2 - 4.5 a month budget is not realistic. Many don't realize how expensive this area is. My electric bills alone or 300 per month and we are a family of 4, me and my 3 kids. Thank God I work out of my house so I don't have to wrestle with the traffic. I live a very nice area called Porter Ranch and my grocery bills and gasoline is 1000 per month. You need to have an income of at least 150k on up to live comfortably, and a very good accountant during tax season. 10.3% state tax is among the highest, plus 8% every time you buy something. Count the costs my friend. Is it really worth it! I know so many that have moved out cause they are sick of it... Good luck
Sheila Padre, , Pacific Palisades, CA
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Hello Loretta!

If you would like to be by the beach with a good family community you will have a lot of choices within Southern California, everywhere is absolutely beautiful! If I could suggest to you a great area it would be Santa Monica or Pacific Palisades... right by the beach with great people and lots of things to do. Right now would be a great time to buy before prices rise. I would be happy to assist you in any of your real estate needs or if you have any questions.

Please feel free to give me a call or email me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P417zjFJF0

Sheila Padre
Sotheby's International Realty
Pacific Palisades Brokerage
15308 Sunset Boulevard
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Cell Phone #: 818-359-4719
Email: sheilapadre@gmail.com
Scott Post, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
hi Loretta my name is Scott Post I live in Chatsworth and my children are the same age as yours. Please give me a call, I'd be more than happy to discuss the communities, schools and various neighborhoods that might interest you and your family.

Scott Post
Rodeo Realty
Scottpost33@gmail.com
818-535-6028
Lena Samigou…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Palos Verdes and Malibu have great schools. I'm happy to assist you. I have a lot of experience selling Real Estate in Los Angeles County and assisting buyers and sellers.

Lena Samigoullina
Direct: 310.625.9005
Karen Lebens, Agent, Chatsworth, GA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
The price range you are in can get you basically anywhere near the beach. I travel all over CA so would be glad to assist you in finding the perfect home..As far as rentals..There are lots of families in need of rentals now as they are selling their homes in short sales, losing them to the bank or doing just what you are doing., buying elsewhere with hopes to move later on. My office is in Chatsworth and we are a short drive to Malibu, Santa Monica, Camarillo, Laguna, Santa Barbara...All the really nice beach communities..Please feel free to give me a call at (818)671-0999 or e-mail me at klaboutthehouse@aol.com. My staff & I are always here to assist.

Thanks for your interest in our community.

Karen Lebens- CEO
About The House
Real Estate & Design Center
21722 Devonshire Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 671-0999

DRE# 01224326
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Dear Loretta!

You have some option in your price range, there are many great areas in Los Angeles county close to the beach where you can find yourself at home.

I think right now is great time to purchase a property as prices are on the rise.

Please call 424-777-9377 so I can present you will all options and different properties/areas.

I'm very familiar with the market and all areas of souther California and would live to help you find best property for your family!

____________________ 
Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
_______________________________ 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com  http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869 

Susan Bo'ur, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hello Loretta,

I'd be happy to help you find your new Southern California Home.

You can contact me at (310) 600-4240

Susan Bo'ur Realtor/Coldwell Banker