Has anyone had experience with Middletown School Boards? I would not register a child in this district......

Asked by Curious, Middletown, NY Wed Apr 28, 2010

In December 2009, my family moved to Middletown, New York from New York City and my grandson was registered at Monhegan Middle school for the 7th grade. Many people told me not to go to Middletown school district because it was horrible. I would normally reserve opinions based on my own judgment, and this is one time I wish I would have listened. In February he got into an altercation with a 8th grade student in the bathroom.My grandson received a Supertindent Suspension after being in the school for less than a month. In March he was assaulted again and he defended himself, and he gets another Supertindent suspension which takes him out of school for the remainder of the school year. I understand after both incidents the other students returned to school My daughter appealed the decision and was denied. I would like to know if other parents have gone through similar situations. I appreciate all responses. Thank you