Good morning, I am a French mom of a 2nd and 4th grader moving from Tokyo to Tinley Park, south of Chicago.

Asked by Severine Gratia, Tinley Park, IL Wed Apr 29, 2009

I am wondering which school district is good within 10 miles of Tinley park? We need to find housing and school this summer 2009. Maybe you can help me.Thanks

Answers

4
Jude, Home Owner, Tinley Park, IL
Fri Dec 10, 2010
Hello, Severine, it's probably too late for you to receive this but I was reading your question about tinley park, where we reside, and was very interested that you are french. My husband is french and we have struggled to have our kids raised bi-lingual. There are not many opportunities for them to learn french in this area. We drive to hinsdale every week for french lessons. Well, let me know if you get this. I'd love to meet some french speaking people in the area! Thanks, jude prieur.........judepdp64@aol.com
Nichole Lat…, , Tinley Park, IL
Wed Apr 29, 2009
HI SEVERINE,

THE SCHOOLS ARE WONDERFUL IN TINLEY PARK. I LIVE IN TINLEY PARK AND I AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA. IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE AREA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME OR VISIT MY WEBSITE AND YOU COULD VIEW LISTINGS IN THE AREA. MY CONTACT NUMBER IS 708-646-6533 AND MY WEBSITE IS http://www.mccolly.com/nlathus.

THANK YOU,
NICHOLE LATHUS
MCCOLLY REAL ESTATE
708-802-9900
Gene Mundt, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, New Lenox, IL
Thu Apr 30, 2009
Severine:
Welcome to the area! You have chosen wisely, as the area you are considering has many very good school districts and amenities for you and your family to utilize and enjoy.
Within 10 miles of Tinley Park, you have Orland Park, Frankfort, Mokena, New Lenox and more to choose from. Your children are young, but high school looms just around the corner. The public school system's Carl Sandburg High School in Orland, Andrew High School in Tinley, and the Lincoln-Way High School District (which draws from Frankfort, Mokena, New Lenox and Manhattan), and the parochial school of Providence High School in New Lenox are all excellent educational centers for your children. Housing of all types, styles, and price are available and in good supply within all the communities mentioned. Shopping is plentiful nearby in all communities. The area will soon contain a new hospital expansion and location with the opening of Silver Cross Hospital in New Lenox, just off the I-355 & I-80 corridors.
If you are new to the area, my suggestion would be to work with a reputable mortgage professional and be qualified for your home first, before contacting a buyer's agent. Performing a pre-qualification for loan will make it clear what price, housing options, and areas you have available to you for consideration with an agent.
If I can be of service to you in that search and endeavor, please do not hesitate to contact me here at trulia.com, my website, or email (gene@chicagobancorp.com). I would be happy to assist you.
Web Reference:  http://www.genemundt.com
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Severine,
I grew up right down the street from Tinley in Orland Park. I am very familiar with Tinley. It has one of the best school districts. The high schools, district 230, is one of the best in state. (Sandburg or Andrew) District 140 is also great for grade schools. Feel free to give me a call or email, and I can give you more information about the area.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlamericorp@aol.com
708-250-2696