Schools in Dallas>Question Details

suttaldy, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Frisco, Allen, Lovejoy or McKinney?

Asked by suttaldy, Los Angeles, CA Sun Dec 30, 2012

Need school input! We are moving to Dallas area in a few months. Our decision on where to land will be completely driven by schools. Of primary concern, what will be the most academically challenging middle/high schools? They all look good on paper in Frisco, Allen, Lovejoy and McKinney... but I know there are social/academic dynamics that only locals will know. Who has scoop?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Dallas

What does your Realtor suggest? Do you have one yet?

Brent Rice
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
All very different that may also play a factor into where you might choose.
Frisco Allen, McKinney have pretty big systems....big schools.
Lovejoy is pretty middle one high school.
Some kids may do better in smaller schools, some need the bigger schools.
Not sure how many seniors in each class for example, but you could call and check.
Would not surprise me to have 200 in Lovejoy and 1000 or more in the Frisco and McKinney schools.
I have forgotten exactly how Allen does it, but I think the separate 9th grade and maybe seniors. Some people maybe like this and some people don't. To me it is an issue if your kid is really really smart and needs to take some class in 9th grade that is really a junior or senior class....calculus for example. That might be an option in Frisco, maybe not in Allen.
We're not requiring a 4th year of with 4000 kids in a school in Frisco there might be several different options.....where there might not be in Lovejoy.
You might want to think about language options as well. Does your kid want to take Hindi, Mandarin, Japanese, or Spanish...which schools offer which languages?
Any extracurricular they need to participate in ...? Symphony vs marching band...for example...or Interact vs Key club.... or certain sports.... Frisco may have girls soccer....Allen may not.... so I think a lot of those things are as important to take a look at.
Economics and home prices may be something else to look at.....
Let us know if we can help...
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Those are all very good school districts and you really can't go wrong with any of the three. I would recommend checking out the ratings and parent opinions on the following link. Most of my clients tend to find it very helpful.…

When your ready, I would be happy help narrow down the neighborhood and home that works best for you and your family.

Marlon Hopkins
Keller Williams
That is a lot of areas. Contact 1 Realtor and work with them to find what your needing.

Turtle Creek Reslty