Schools in 30062>Question Details

Angela, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Do the public schools have a good program for dyslexic students, or do you need to attend a specialized school in the area.?

Asked by Angela, Atlanta, GA Wed Apr 20, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 30062

Answers

3
I hear Swift school is great! You will need to go private.
Not as well known is the NorthPoint School. All teachers are Orton Gillingham certified. It is specifically for dyslexic children.
Flag Sat Sep 6, 2014
Hello Angela,
I understand public schools have special education teachers who should be able to assist with your child's needs. However, if you are not happy with their efforts to help your child and you do not have the extra money to pay a private school, you may be able to get the school county to pay for a private school only after your child has been approved to receive special education at his public school and things are not working. My suggestion will be to share your thoughts with the school and be persistent. St Francis should be a good private option if necessary.

Best wishes to you and your kid.
Pathways Academy (Marrietta, Georgia) and Schenck School (Atlanta, Georgia) are the 2 best school in Georgia
Web Reference: http://www.juneannlewis.com