Crime looked a bit high...is it a good place for kids?

Asked by superdesertprincess, Albuquerque, NM Tue Apr 3, 2012

Answers

3
Lori Hicks a…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu May 17, 2012

I came from Albuquerque many years back to live in Phoenix, and I have loved it every since.

This website is a very good sit to go to if you're looking for crime stats to protect children. You can go to this page and drop down to FamilyWatchDog.

http://www.wesellazrealestate.com/joy-of-buying-a-home-info.html

Please allow us to assist you with your real estate needs. We have many years of experience to help guide you through the many steps.

Kindest Regards,

Lori Hicks & Toni D’Avello
HomeSmart Real Estate Professional
Ofc:(602)375-1075 Cell:(602)725-6922
Email: WeSellAZLori@Cox.Net
Debbie Nieman, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Apr 15, 2012
That is really a question that realtors can not answer because it is a subjective question. We can provide you with the tools to get the crime statistics and you can speak with the local police department. You can check out the local schools and find out from them if they have experienced in the past with crime, drugs and issues for that school. Drive around the area and talk with local residents and ask.

You are asking some very good important questions but one that only you can answer because what is too high for one person might be acceptable to another.

If I can assist you with anything else or if you are looking for a Real estate professional to assist you in the search for a property for you and your children, please contact me at 602-799-5239.

Debbie Nieman
Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239
diverdebi@cox.net

http://www.diverdebi.com
Brian Anders…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Apr 3, 2012
Thats sort of a conditional question that Realtors aren't allowed to answer. I will provide you some personal knowledge though- we own a 136 unit apartment complex right in that area and the crime rate varies drastically over a span of four streets. It also changes a lot from the east/ west divide on the I 17. Some well established communities and schools are in this portion of Phoenix, but it takes neighborhood specific knowledge if you are considering buying a house there. As anywhere in Phoenix, a crime rate can vary in a city block, but still be in a very respectable part of town.

To use your own judgement, I suggest google maps street view. If that doesn't answer enough, I suggest asking a Realtor about specific concerns- I would be glad to help if you need it.