Can we rent this house an till somebody buys it ?

Asked by Mckenzie, Santee, CA Thu Sep 1, 2011

Answers

4
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Thu Sep 1, 2011
As Cory stated, It never hurts to ask. I've been trying to sell a property for several months and finally decided to rent it. Best thing I could have done. I'm cash flowing $550/mth. I'm going to keep renting it until the values start going back up and then put it back on the market.
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 1, 2011
Renters could make a home difficult to show, and there are tenancy laws involved, both of which could make a home less attractive to a buyer. It can't hurt to ask though. You might even get a lease if the seller decides it's in his best interest to take it off the market to rent out. It really depends on why the seller has the home on the market in the first place.
Jason Richar…, Agent, Encinitas, CA
Thu Sep 1, 2011
It depends on the owner and their intentions. Sellers will usually not want to rent a property while they are selling it unless they are in need of cash. Occupants can make it more difficult to show.
Web Reference:  http://www.noviproperty.com
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Thu Sep 1, 2011
Hi McKenzie,
There isn't any property attached to your question. What property are you referring to?

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com