Can someone tell me the best school in Onslow County, NC for children with Autism?

Asked by Letty, OKC, OK Sun Jan 13, 2008

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Answers

4
Tina Morrison, , USA, Mobile, AL
Thu Jan 24, 2008
http://www.autismsociety-nc.org

Autism Society of NC – Onslow County Chapter
meets 3rd Thursday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
Onslow Memorial Hospital, Education Bldg., Jacksonville
contact: Kristy Stroll, (910) 346-2863 or kstroll@ec.rr.com

I just moved from Onslow County, and here are a couple of places you can get info. If you are military..The Exceptional Family Member Program will give you any info you need. Good Luck
Just Passing…, , crystal coast
Wed Jun 25, 2008
Hi Letty
I stumbled across your question while I was doing a search for something else-I have a son who is autistic and attends public school in onslow county-it would depend on the age of the child and whether you wanted the child placed into a regular classroom and pulled out for specials or if you wanted the child in an inclusive classroom-I can go into more detail with you via private email-
sunnydays001@hotmail.com
Steven McCur…, Agent, Cedar Point, NC
Tue Jun 10, 2008
I believe you should checkout the schools in Western Carteret county, they are only minutes from Camp Lejeune...My wife is a Program Manager with a private provider for individuals with Autism and othe Developmental Disabilities...She could direct you how to get services...My child has some learning impairments, and the schools here are awesome...DIRECT SERVICES is fantastic....

Steve McCurdy, Brass Lantern Realty
Serving all Onslow and Carteret Counties
252-349-3743
Ruthless, , 60558
Sun Jan 13, 2008
Letty:
I wish you the best of luck. Your best bet would be to contact Autism sites. I doubt you will find any assistance with that here. I haven't seen anyone from Onslow County posting on Trulia Voices (one in Pine Knoll Shores). I love the Crystal Coast. If you can find a good school for your child, you will LOVE living there. Are you in the military, can they help you with this search?
Ruth