Pg, Home Buyer in Pretty Prairie, KS

Best elementary school in Lawton ,Ok. for third grader with ADHD?

Asked by Pg, Pretty Prairie, KS Thu Jul 24, 2008

We will be relocating to Lawton and my daughter has ADHD passing to third grade and my son whom has no learning disorder will be passing to second grade. Which would be the best school for both of them in terms of academic achievement, arts , sports and technology in a secure and healthy environment ?

Answers

3
Gerry Wilson, , Pumpkin Center, OK
Mon Jan 26, 2009
My children have been going to Central High Elementary east of Lawton about 20 miles. My oldest is 10 and has ADHD and Aspergers. The principal and all his teachers have really been helping in any way to make sure he gets the best education he can. We really enjoy the people and teachers there. I hope this helps. I know that it is not a city school, but if someone is looking to relocate to the area, Central High is a great place. Right on Highway 7 halfway between Lawton and Duncan, OK. Rural schools that are small make the best schools for children that have learning problems of any kind. Their website isn't working right now, but you can Google Central High, OK and find all sorts of places to check out. It is listed as a Marlow, OK school on this site and some others. But it is a rural school.
Adrienne, Home Buyer, LOKawton,
Wed Oct 15, 2008
I have a daughter in Woodland Hills Elementary and she seem to be doing pretty good. Just by reading about the other schools mentioned, I will definitely take a look at them.
Casey Jo Hen…, , Lawton, OK
Fri Aug 22, 2008
The schools in Lawton all seem to be pretty good with providing extra help for students with learning disorders, as well as help students develop both academically and technologically. However, I have done some research into the schools for you and have found that Adams Elementary and Crosby Park Elementary both have a low student to teacher ratio, as well as medium to high technology education. Another option could also be Cache Elementary. Cache is located a little over 10 miles away from Lawton and has a wonderful education system. Many families relocating to Lawton are also considering Cache as a place to live. I have included here the website to the Lawton Public School system in case you are interested in looking through it. I would be more than happy to assist you in any questions or to assist you in finding your new home. I can be contacted at anytime by phone 580-351-4343 or by e-mail chenricks@live.com. I hope that your relocation is a enjoyable event.

Casey Jo Henricks
Web Reference:  http://www.lawtonps.org/