Are there any middle and high schools nearby? Which universites are close by?

Asked by Kiran, San Jose, CA Thu Jun 7, 2012

Answers

5
Monica Goyal…, , Cupertino, CA
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Hi Kiran,

You have received some answers providing you resources to get more information. As mentioned by Charles below, please provide more information for us to give you precise answers.

Proximity of schools to any university is possible in Palo Alto, there are schools close to Stanford. Or close to Santa Clara University as well as San Jose State. If you are inquiring from the perspective of a high school grad joining a University then the proximity doesn't matter, since the student might choose to move out of the area.

On the other hand Cupertino has a very good Junior college, ie. De Anza college. Cupertino also boasts some of the best schools in the district.

Hope this helps, if you need to reach me, please free to call or email.

Monica Goyal
Ph: 408-476-0675
DRE 01781926
Jim Guido, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Hi Kiran,

There are several school districts and many schools in South San Jose. Please narrow down if you can the specific areas you are interested in and it will make it easier to answer your question. As for universities you have San Jose State, Santa Clara that are local and many junior colleges. Stanford
is not to far away also.

Jim Guido,

Realty World/Blue Property Group
Email: jim@jimguidorealtor.com
Website: http://www.jimguidorealtor.com
DRE# 00700635
Sandy McGaug…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Thu Aug 2, 2012
As a resident of Communication Hill (accessed by Hillsdaled Ave. entrance) my specific answers to your questions are:
University Preparatory Academy (UPA), Grades 6-12, is approx 5 minute (or less) drive away; San Jose City Community College & San Jose State University are both approx 15 minutes. SJS, located in heart of d'town SJ, is served by VTA (rapid transit);
UPA is a relatively new Charter school;with an excellent reputation. It has earned high API scores, comparable to S'toga, Los Gatos, Cupertino area achools. Has a wait-list re:students seeking entry. Located on edge of Willow Glen area, near corner of Curtne & Canoas Garden; shares campus w/Cathedral of Faith. VTA (rapid transit) access is across street.
As has been mentioned, there are many other schools in the general So. SJ area; more info re: your personal situation will enable better answers!
I would (of course) be delighted to assist you! San Francisco-born, raised in Bay Area & Santa Clara County, raised now-adult children in SCC.....am knowledgeable re: San Jose's many n'hoods (EG: Wilow Glen), as well as Los Gatos, S'toga, & Santa Cruz coastal areas!
All the Best, Sandy McGaughey-Intero Real Estate Services
408-357-5717
DRE# 00570206
charles butt…, Agent, san jose, CA
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Thank you for you question Kiran:

Jim Guido gave you an excellent answer.

We really need more information from you to determine exactly what it is that you are looking for to give you the answer that best meets your objectives.

For example, exactly what is it that you are looking for with respect to middle schools and high schools?

We have several High Schools that regularly make The U.S. News and World Report list of the best 100 High Schools in The United States. For example, the three Hig Schools with which I am most familiar are Lynbrook High School in West San Jose. ( I graduated from Lynbrook High School in 1968) Monta Vista High School in Cupertino (My mother was an English Teacher at Monta Vista High School until she retired in 1987), and Saratoga High School, in Saratoga..

Miller Middle School feeds into Lynbrook High School. Kennedy Middle School feeds into Monta Vista High School, and Redwood Middle School feeds into Saratoga High School. These are excellent middle schools.

For more information, and to give me a better idea of exactly what it is that you are looking for so that I can give you an answer that is tailored to your specific criteria, you may call me at my cell phone: (408)509-6218.

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872
.
.
Andrea Wince…, Agent, Milpitas, CA
Thu Jun 7, 2012
To check schools, you can input an address at http://www.greatschools.com
The closest university to South San Jose would be San Jose State University which is located in downtown San Jose.