Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Santa Rosa County : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 149
Yesterday at 6:16am
Fairybee_5642 answered:
No planes but there is A LOT of gun testing noise. I just moved here and the level of noise was NOT disclosed. Unfortunately, my brand new neighborhood is far too close to Eglin, and we are plagued with booms until well after midnight during the week and it is powerful enough to shake windows and walls. Eglin also has yet to provide any sort of test schedules to let you know how late they plan to test too. :( ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 7, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
The only place it counts is the MLS of your area. There are so many sites where listings get placed and as you see, all do not update quickly, automatically or in a timely manner. Trulia will not update their listings, the listing agent has to do that manually or through auto update. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 22, 2017
Karen Peyton answered:
Trulia is not a real estate company, so there is no one to talk to. To find an agent, use the "Find an Agent" tab at the top of the page, or go back to the property page where agents are shown on the right side.

Don't contact the listing agent. You want an agent of your own...a Buyer's agent working for you!

Good luck!

Web Reference:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 26, 2017
Jonathan Klurfeld, Esq. answered:
This isnt a realtor question but they dont have to if you were foreclosed and booted by the sheriff. The HOA owns it now and can remove al of your belongings left behind.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 21, 2017
Alysse Musgrave answered:
No, 480 won't work. Some lenders can offer you financing with a 580 score, but wait until your score is around 640 before you try to buy a house.

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 15, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
This property isn't for sale yet. The foreclosure process can take a long time. Once it's done, it can take more time for the bank to hire a local agent and get the house listed for sale. If you're in the market to buy, it's best to hire a Realtor as your Buyer's Agent. Your agent can create a search in the MLS so that you'll be notified the minute it's listed. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 23, 2016
Lisa.goff86 asked:
Thu Sep 1, 2016
Nicole St. Aubin answered:

If you are still looking for a home, I can definitely help you! Most local lenders are approved to do the Rural Development loans which offer the 100% financing. Although I see you have the map address, locally, rural development includes all of Pace, Milton, Cantonment, and Beulah west of 11 Mile Creek Rd. I have a house for sale- 3/2 on a 1/3 acre in Beulah on Woodside Rd. 100% move in ready, completely remodeled, and qualifies for the Rural development loan! It als includes Gulf Breeze (east of Proper of course) and Navarre!

Usually alot of repairs for a loan sake means rotted wood, a bad roof, missing floor covering, etc. If the carpet is stained and in bad shape, you should still be able to qualify for the loan as long as there aren't big holes or missing peices of the floor. Of course, you never want to buy a house with a leaky roof so they would check that, and check to make sure it has a functioning a/c unit, inside and out, hot water heater, etc. Appliances are not usually something they check for.

Let me know if you need help here locally and still havent found a house! i know a few local lenders I can refer you to in order to get your pre-approval which allows you to start shopping for houses!

Thanks and have a great day,
Nicole St. Aubin, Realtor
Realty Masters of FL
(850) 473 3983 phone
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 24, 2016
Mvrrussell asked:
We are looking to move from a house to a condo in Navarre..

This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 15, 2016
Kcf327 asked:
We have no mortgage on current home in North Texas which is a strong market.. no problem selling our home for a premium... Want financing for property that may come up prior to my retiring…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 2, 2016
USMortgageRanger answered:
All market vary depending on the supply. New is always considered best. I would be glad to assist and guide you in this process. Please recah out to me via my profile info.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 13, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
You're going to have a hard time getting a loan. You can change jobs without issue issue provided your compensation structure doesn't change. However, when it does (and yours absolutely did), your lender will typically want to see a full year of pay if you work for someone else and two full tax years if you're self-employed.

This is a standard nearly all self-employed people are held to. Even when you've been at it for a decade, a lender still takes the average of your last two tax years' worth of earnings and bases your loan on that income level. If you have less than two years' worth of data, you don't have anything your lender can average.

If you have a spouse who earns enough money to get a loan on their income alone, it's not such a big deal.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 8, 2016
Diane Christner answered:
In a VA loan the seller is actually obligated to pay very little. Here's a link to the VA site, showing the costs involved. Your lender should be able to help you as well. And where is your real estate agent in all of this? Is he/she well versed in VA loans? I would not recommend going it alone if you are unfamiliar with how the process works and are attempting to buy a FSBO, which it appears you may be doing.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 1, 2015
Diane Christner answered:
Flood zone designations A, AE or V are considered flood zones. A does not have a base flood elevation completed, AE has base flood elevation information available. V zones are coastal high velocity zones.

Base Flood Elevations (BFE) are the key to the new flood insurance rates. Homes built before your area's flood insurance maps were created (called PreFIRM) are the ones that have been receiving subsidized flood insurance rates for decades. Generally those would be homes built sometime in the mid 70's or earlier. Those are the ones most impacted by the revised flood insurance program.

Congress did pass legislation that would cap the annual rate increases to 15% per year for primary residence owners & 25% per year on non-primary residences, but insurance rates will keep increasing on an annual basis for those properties until the owners are paying non-subsidized rates. To cover the cost of the changes to the flood insurance program, all flood insurance policy holders will pay a $25/year surcharge on residential policies and $250/year surcharge on all non-primary residences and commercial properties.

So when looking at canal front lots, ask if the owner has a Base Flood Elevation (BFE) for the property, even if it is an older one. Then share that BFE with your insurance agent to get an idea as to what flood insurance rates will run you on the property. If you pay cash you are not required to carry flood insurance, but keep in mind if you decide to sell later on, all potential buyers that are doing financing will need to carry flood insurance for the life of the loan. So if the property comes with a hefty flood insurance rate, you could limit the number of potential buyers later on.

Another thing buyers don't always consider if the other aspect of buying in a flood zone -- remodeling. Basically the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) requires that if the cost of reconstruction, rehabilitation, addition or improvements to a building equals or exceeds 50% of the building's market value (building, not the lot and the building), then the building must meet the same construction and elevation requirements as a NEW building under FEMA guidelines.

The 50% rule can cause all sorts of issues for a home buyer in a flood zone if the property needs extensive renovation.

Remember, a home doesn't have to be located on a canal to be located within a designated flood zone, so be sure to find out the designated flood zone of any home you are thinking of purchasing.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 12, 2015
Kallie0322 answered:
What if the seller does not move out by the agreed time?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Santa Rosa County