Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Santa Clara County : Real Estate Advice

  • All145
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying93
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 40
Ejohnson, Home Buyer in Santa Clara, CA
Thu Jan 5, 2017
Ejohnson asked:
I have searched for a property on Fillmore Street on Trulia and can't seem to find it.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Maricris A, Other/Just Looking in Seattle, WA
Thu Dec 8, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Currently, we do not have a tool for the consumers to remove their home photos by themselves. Please provide your complete property address and I will be able to assist. You may also send your request together with your complete address via the link below.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Nnati, Home Buyer in Santa Clara, CA
Sun Jul 31, 2016
Nnati asked:
Hi, I need to change my Realtor details on your website - how can I do it?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Maricris A, Other/Just Looking in Seattle, WA
Wed Jul 6, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Please provide the email address that is associated with your Trulia account and I will be able to assist.


Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Andre Da Cos…, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA
Fri Apr 22, 2016
Andre Da Costa asked:
Valueaddedap…, Home Buyer in
Sat Oct 3, 2015
Valueaddedapproach asked:
Margotnovak, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA
Mon Jul 20, 2015
Margotnovak answered:
How do I request a reassessment for my 2014 tax bill after homeowners exemption was deducted my 2015 tax bill?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Puppyk9, Home Buyer in Sunnyvale, CA
Tue Jul 14, 2015
Puppyk9 asked:
Sam Shueh,  in San Jose, CA
Fri May 15, 2015
Sam Shueh answered:
That depends on the usage. Office, restaurant, high tech, parking lot and NNN.
Occupancy rate in Santa Clara Office is close to 93% as we speak. $3-$4 is fairly
common. The age, parking are all factored in,

Sam Shueh
Realty One Group
Campbell, CA
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mitkash, Home Owner in
Sat Mar 14, 2015
Mitkash asked:
Due to privacy, we'd like to request your website to remove our house's pictures (1880 Park Blvd, Palo Alto, CA 94306). Thank you!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Stephen Whit…, Real Estate Pro in San Jose, CA
Wed Aug 27, 2014
Stephen Whitllock answered:
If you would like to refer your client I live and work in Los Gatos and would be happy to pay you a 25% referral fee. I'm at Keller Williams in Los Gatos.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Bryan Sweeley, Real Estate Pro in Los Altos, CA
Sat Nov 2, 2013
Bryan Sweeley answered:
This is happening a lot as the new Property Tax bills are arriving in everyone's mailbox.

I just investigated this for a past client. We found that the Assessed Value had declined in 2009-2011 and was now rising. The Prop 13 law sets limits on the annual increase, based on the original purchase price. So there can be a greater than 1% jump this year as they recover from previous declines. Pretty unlikely that they are wrong, but you should visit the Assessor's office just to be sure. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Michelle Car…, Real Estate Pro in Coppertino, AL
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Michelle Carr-Crowe answered:
Real estate and/or loans can be great careers to begin as a part-time agent. As you gain experience, you may want to consider going full time.

Getting your license is one of the least expensive barriers to entry as related to the money you can potentially make.

Feel free to contact me offline-408-252-8900.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Michelle Car…, Real Estate Pro in Coppertino, AL
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Michelle Carr-Crowe answered:
This is not a traditional land use here in Santa Clara County. You will be looking for commercial/industrial, which is a different category than is usually listed in our MLS.

Also your price point is below almost any of the land here. You may need to look in Stockton. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Juliana Lee, Real Estate Pro in Palo Alto, CA
Thu Jul 4, 2013
Juliana Lee answered:
In northern California title companies handle escrows but their real business is title insurance. They are prohibited from providing legal advice, arranging financing, and activities for which a Department of Real Estate license is required. (unless they have the licenses, provide the appropriate disclosures, and choose to accept the significant extra risk for little extra business)

Buying real estate in San Jose is very competitive. Neither a seller nor their agent will consider your double closing, seller financed offer when they can get a big cash down payment from a well qualified borrower.

Basic home buyer information at

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Cell 650-857-1000

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara County and San Mateo County
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Elena Talis,  in Palo Alto, CA
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Elena Talis answered:
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Michelle Car…, Real Estate Pro in Coppertino, AL
Tue May 8, 2012
Michelle Carr-Crowe answered:
I haven't used them but have used Chamberlin in Campbell. Are thinking about a career in RE? I'm happy to talk to you about my experience after 25 years in the business.

Also my Keller Williams Cupertino colleague Charlie Krackeler is great.

Just Call 408-252-8900 if you want to talk.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Ruth and Per…, Real Estate Pro in Los Gatos, CA
Tue May 8, 2012
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hi Tiffany:

Congrats on having a big lot and exploring the fact iff you can split it.
Kudos to looking into "property development".

A great site is :

Your lot would have to be a tleast 12K plus.

Residential Zoning Districts
Single Family (R1)- Detached homes on minimum lot size of 6,000 sq. ft.
Duplex (R2)- Detached homes with two units under same ownership on minimum lot size of 8,500 sq. ft.
Multi-family (R3)- Attached homes such as tri-plexes, four-plexes, townhomes, condominiums or apartments.
Residential Hillside (RHS)- Detached homes on uneven or hilly terrain.
Residential Cluster (R1C) - Small lot development.

You should be just fine.

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Grace Morioka, Real Estate Pro in San Jose, CA
Sun Oct 2, 2011
Grace Morioka answered:

You can get the floor plan information from the Town of Los Altos Hills Planning Department. They will have microfiche of all of the homes built in the community. Because the Town is comprised of mostly custom homes, your chances are far greater that a lengthy and detailed file exists in the Town's records of the home's plan.

As for interior remodeling, some of the homeowners get permits and some do not. If the exterior is being modified, most assuredly, there will be some permits. However, if the remodeling was limited to interior amenities without changing the footprint of the home, there may not be any permits on the interior changes. A good contractor, however, should be able to help you assess the changes in the home and if these changes will require modifications to meet current building codes.

Please keep in mind that while you'll be able to view the plans on microfiche at the Town Hall, you will NOT be able to get copies of any home plans without the express written consent of the architect. All plans are the work product of an architect, and the architect must release the plans to you if you want a set.

Good luck! And work with a great Realtor to help you purchase your new home!!

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty-People's Choice
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice