Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in Santa Clara : Real Estate Advice

  • All312
  • Local Info24
  • Home Buying170
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 9
Thu Dec 1, 2016
Angelica P answered:

Public Record status means that the property is not an active listing or for rent.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 27, 2016
Terrypace4440 answered:
I am currently renting shared rooms in the City of Fremont someone went to the City of Fremont and said that I had a boarding house it is not a boarding house. I rent rooms no more than six tenants at a time. Can the City of Fremont make stop renting rooms ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 30, 2013
julie answered:
To be honest, I am a broker and there are too many sites out there that you could use that would give you good answers without us charging for it. I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you about Santa Clara Narpm, as they list all rentals for Santa Clara County too and they are at Also, I know another person, Sandy Adams Properties that now specializes in listings.
Good Luck with everything!

Julie Collins, Broker
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hi Valerie:

Quite tough to get something fully remodeled for $2K, you are looking at $2800 plus.

Best to get in touch with a Property Management company, and revise your expectations.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hello MarySmith

Regret to hear of your situation, but any well written lease will clearly indicate
that a landlord has a right to enter the property after giving you sufficient notice.

Clearly, the tenant is in default of rent and hence the landlord has given a 3 day notice to
pay or quit.

Yes he can ask a sub tenant to stay and ask the tenant to leave. It comes down to paying the mortgage. Time for the tenant to move on.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Marco Gomez & The Reach Team answered:
No he cannot. The changing of the locks is at his discretion and should not involve your down payment.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 22, 2011
John Souerbry answered:
There is no state-wide requirement for a landlord to pay interest on security deposits unless the landlord voluntarily places the deposit in an interest-bearing account, which most don't. However, some towns in the Bay Area do require landlords to pay interst, such as Santa Cruz and Hayward. Santa Cruz publishes a table on the town web site with the interest rates the landlord must pay each year the deposit is held, regardless of whether or not the deposit was placed in an interest-bearing account. These rates are applicable to residential properties, commercial leases are subject to the terms of the lease. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Rental Basics in Santa Clara Zip Codes