Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

30328 : Real Estate Advice

  • All29
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 26
Mon May 15, 2017
Mary answered:

Thank you for reaching out. Please follow the instructions below on how to find a Section 8 rental listings.

1. Click the Rent tab on our homepage
2. Enter your desired area in the search bar and hit Enter
3. Click More, enter the keyword 'Section 8', and click Search.

Let me know if you have additional questions by replying to email I sent you and I will be happy to assist.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 26, 2017
Melvin List answered:
Yes other lender have 90 or 95% down Jumbo programs. I would reach out to a local broker and start asking questions. I would love to help but only lend in Florida.
0 votes 31 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 14, 2016
Simmya answered:
Sat May 28, 2016
Jackq asked:
is this based on public records for the property or just an estimate based on location?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 8, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
You can search for homes online by yourself. Most buyers do that these days.

Here's what you want to think about: Who are you going to call when you find something you like? If you always reach out to the listing agent, you're establishing a relationship with them and making it difficult for you to bring in your own representation later if you want to buy that property.

If you're in a competitive market (and an awful lot of us are), you are way behind the ball if you're waiting until a house is on a public website to a) find it and b) create a relationship with the agent who will represent you.

It is hours to days before a house hits the various public websites. That gives a buyer relying on their agent's MLS feed a huge advantage in getting into a house immediately and making an offer. Additionally, agent-only "coming soon" pages on Facebook are huge now and give buyer's with agents an even greater advantage in knowing what's about to hit the market so they can pounce early.

I cannot think of any reason why you're better off working alone at home with the internet than having a professional helping you.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 20, 2016
Redcarpetexpressions answered:
If you intend to stay in the property, you need to advise the landlord that you are filing for bankruptcy and wish to stay in the property. Under normal circumstances they do not run credit again to renew your lease, so you should be fine. If you have an eviction pending or an eviction has been filed by your landlord, you will need to make the Bankruptcy Court aware of it, by completing their intent form. If your using a lawyer, they will advise you of all this and file the necessary paperwork for you. If you're a pro-sec filer, and are completing your bankruptcy on your own just make sure you read through each form carefully before filling it out and follow the directions given for that form. The clerks in the Bankruptcy court are generally very nice and although they cannot give you legal advice, they will let you know if your missing any forms or have completed something incorrectly. When in doubt look up your question on Legal Zoom or Rocket Lawyer. There is a lot of valuable information on both these websites and they will generally stir you in the right direction if you're unsure of something. Best of luck. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 5, 2016
Andrewyoungiii answered:
I'm having the same issue.
I've owned my home over 17 months and they haven't deleted the pictures from their site. Once a home is posted as sold Trulia and all these other real estate sites should have the decency to remove the pictures automatically. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2015
Brian Brown answered:
Lisa - I can handle VA loans all the way down to 560 Credit score - 630 should be fine. Nick is correct in that we need to know how much of the entitlement is being used in your current home to best advise on the 2nd home. Call me anytime - 678-644-9912. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2015
Amelia Robinette answered:
The best way to determine is to talk to a lender who does VA loans. Just because it's not currently listed, doesn't preclude it from being VA eligible. There's a process for approving on a case by case basis.

Talk to a mortgage lender who knows VA very well, they'll be able to educate you about the process.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 19, 2015
david baringer asked:
We have the income to pay the mortgage or pay rent, we really just don't think that it is smart to reaffirm the debt on a house that is under water and in need of repairs. Is anybody willing…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 11, 2014
Marion Webb answered:
Good Luck First Time Home Buyer!! I agree you should be discussing with a mortgage person about getting preapproved to see how much home you can afford. However, consider going to a home buying seminar in your area to get step-by-step information first. Not just mortgage rates but what you can expect from your partners - i.e. mortgage professional, real estate, insurance agent, home inspector; what really matters to you and your family in a house; what expenses other than the mortgage you might be faced with and even why a home warranty might serve you well if you decide to purchase an existing property. Some of the seminars and workshops cost little or nothing.

If you find yourself in Georgia the 2nd weekend in any month, drop buy to see us at Webb Solar Realty - we offer FREE home buying seminars. Participants who have taken the workshop believe they are better prepared and feel more confident with moving forward once they know whats ahead. Get your facts even before you contact the mortgage person.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 11, 2014
Tim Maitski answered:
I live in that zip code. "a lot of crime" is all relative. Crime happens all over. I feel safe but that's me.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Richard- El Bey answered:
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 4, 2013
KJ Johnson answered:
Feel free to contact me and I'd be more than happy to assist you!
The best method is
Look forward to hearing from you..
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Veronika Barash answered:
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Veronika Barash answered:
You need to claim your listing as owner by typing up an address in the search field. Than accept it as an owner. YOu will be able to make modifications to the listing once it is assigned to you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 14, 2012
sheltonmayweather answered:
i have filed chapter7 and am in need of an apartment or house. is there any way i can find a place to stay. i was unemployed for 8 months due to unforeseen reasons. my bring home pay at this time is around 4,500.00 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 15, 2012
Angielee05 answered:
I am going to semi-retire in the next few years, and I like Dunwoody area, and looking for something to buy so I don't need to take care of the yards. I understand your situation, and want to see if I can help. If you like, you can contact me via email: ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Potential Seller answered:
Transitional neighborhood with cute houses. Close to a lot that the city has to offer. But the schools are terrible, and it will impact your resale. That's the boat I'm in (live right around the corner in the Old Fourth Ward). There's no way I'd send my kids to the elementary or middle school that you're zoned for, but you may qualify for the Grant Park charter school that's K-8. The high school is Grady, which is not awful. If you want good elementary and middle schools, you need to check out neighborhoods that are zoned for Morningside, SPARK or Mary Lin elementaries, all feeding into Inman Middle, so that's Lake Claire, Candler Park, Inman Park, Poncey-Highlands, Viriginia Highlands, Morningside, and part of Midtown. Tread carefully - some rumors that they are looking at rezoning in these neighborhood schools due to overcrowding.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice