Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Sandy : Real Estate Advice

  • All26
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 14
Sun Oct 22, 2017
Judiemaronfriend asked:
Can you please tell me how I can stop receiving results for properties for which I have absolutely no interest! I went to my saved searches and marked them accordingly and I am still getting…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 23, 2016
USMortgageRanger answered:
Hi James,

I am sorry to hear of your issues. As someone who is on disability income /Social security income, Your child Social security income and your social security can be added together and gross up 25% to qualify for a mortgage. As for down payment assistance all the programs that I am aware of requires a 640 credit score and home buyers class.

I would be delighted to provide you with some mortgage options, (this does not require us pulling your credit) that will allow you to make the best decision for your family. I can be contacted via my profile information for a no obligation consultation. My Office hours are 08:00 AM-08:00 PM Mon-Fri and Fri and Sat 08:00 AM-06:00 PM CST.

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS 968898
Wells Fargo Bank
Plano TX
Phone (469) 347-3572
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 23, 2016
Jamesacamarata asked:
I am single dad. I have found nice home for 44k. the payments would be less than 30% of my income, but I don't qualify for a loan and probably never will. Help?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 15, 2016
Katie M Eberly asked:
Thu Nov 1, 2012
Douglas Bragg answered:
The Lease/Option in my opinion is not the same as Rent to Own.

My past experience with 'Rent to Own' is simple. Only about 5% of the time will the
renter stay long enough to complete the required down payment to obtain the home, and the rental amount is increased to accommodate a portion of the rental going toward the down payment.

Thus all the cash you pay into the rent, over and above the true rent .. will be lost, should you not stay there long enough to actually complete the time required to accumulate the 'down' payment from the additional rent proceeds.

You usually do not get that 'rent' money back.

I suggest you just find a rental and save toward a purchase. Your money will be better spent.

Best Regards,

Doug Bragg

Coldwell Banker Seal
Sandy, Oregon
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 2, 2011
I am a RENOVATION LOAN EXPERT... and I say unto you...


Why? for something with a small repair, I can issue you a "Repair Escrow" loan, on ANY loan. Conventional, VA, FHA, USDA, you name it... You can get this house with the best rate and terms possible and have money to fix that roof after you settle. :)

Contact me and I will gladly tell you about it! :)

... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 1, 2011
Dave Sutton answered:
Homes that have been foreclosed by one of several US government programs can be purchased with little or no money down, and sometimes assistance with closing costs as well.

There are several commercial "lookalike" web sites, but the one from Housing and Urban Development is the best place to start. It's at
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 18, 2010
If the remaining lots are foreclosed on the only thing that changes is who'll be selling the lots the troubled Realtor vs the "troubled" bank.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 26, 2009
Kelly Gebler answered:
Hi Ann - Without knowing the whole situation with the property, it's hard to answer that question....there are different reasons why an agent's name might not be on the home. If you want to send me the address - I'd be happy to provide you with the listing agent's name and phone number. I would also be happy to answer any questions you might have and/or show you the home if it's available. Just let me know how I can help.

Kelly Gebler
Real Estate Broker & Loan Officer
Keller Williams Realty & Sunset Mortgage Co.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 14, 2009
Liz Warren answered:

I recommend you contact an attorney. An attorney can advise you how to protect your legal rights and your investment to help your father at this time.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 7, 2009
Platform Realty Group answered:

Your probably in trouble here. You may have rights against the owner in civil court but the rights he had appear to be gone and your rights went with him. Maybe get some legal advise.

But hey....there may be a silver lining. Prices have continued to Fall and rates have too. In addition we may have a $15,000 dollar Tax Credit by this time next week. There are some very good financing programs out there too.

Call me and let me help figure out how you can take advantage of the money you have lost and turn this bad situation around to the good!

Best wishes;

Dirk Knudsen
Re/Max Metro Gold
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 12, 2008
Evan T Swanson, Cmps answered:
Unfortunately FHA will not approve you with back taxes being owed. Depending on your situation your best bet would be a lease-option to buy or seller carry back.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 15, 2007
Dale Crockatt- Broker answered:
A larger title company with offices near you and in Utah is probably the best source for this kind of information.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Sandy Zip Codes