Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Sandpoint : Real Estate Advice

  • All38
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling10
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 33
Mon Jun 5, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
If it is not paid off yes. And...chances are the buyer wont get a clear title with an unpaid 2nd mortgage
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 25, 2016
Toby.atencio asked:
The issue is not the MLS number. The issue is that Trulia has assigned a source/ID number that does not match the MLS numbering systems in my area (North Idaho has two MLS organizations).…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 16, 2016
Kellyjrockwell answered:
It depends on state law. For example, in Oregon, the law requires "some sort of compensation". The law states:

"A final exception is when your rental unit is for sale. Your landlord may want frequent access to the unit to show it to prospective buyers. If the unit is on the market, you may agree to allow access to the landlord without requiring 24 hours notice. You must sign a written agreement that is separate from the rental agreement. That separate written agreement must provide you with some sort of compensation in exchange for the special access. And, of course, you do not have to agree to this type of arrangement at all."
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 5, 2016
Graphics asked:
ALL my Saved Searches are showing Single Homes from $100,000 to $300,000. Why am I getting all kinds of listings OVER $300,000? How do I get ALL the available listings in the areas I requested…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 16, 2015
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 16, 2015
Wyracket asked:
Tue Jul 14, 2015
Jeff Mason answered:
Hey Kurt,
If you are looking to be near Sandpoint and want a lower price point, Careywood/Athol and even North Hayden may be a good choice. I can set you up with a custom search anytime. 208-277-7494. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Kathryn Matson answered:
I am from CO. I am a single woman who is looking for a nice rental. There are too many people moving to CO. I am wondering if anyone can help me find a place to live in this area. Thank you for the information many have already provided. Very helpful. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 15, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
For an accurate answer, review a market analysis with your agent...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 14, 2014
Karen asked:
Wed Mar 5, 2014
MeganWhite88 answered:
Even in the rural areas you can get DISH satellite internet for under $50/month, and no rattlesnakes.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Shelly DeMoss answered:
I think that the Treasure Valley/Boise area would be a great option for you! I work in the McCall area two hours north, which is a popular resort town, but perhaps a little small for you (3500 residents.) If you would like a great referral for Boise, I would be happy to offer you the name of a fabulous agent down there! Good luck! ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 7, 2013
Jeanie Davis answered:
Sam- Your concern can't be answered by a blanket statement. There are many creeks and streams here. The questions is the property low-lying or not? Whether or not it is in a flood plane can be found out on FEMA maps that show wet lands for our area. In addition, due diligence is really important . There are a variety of factors that affect flooding. Our highest water level GENERALLY happens in spring when the snow melt meets the spring rains. Depending on how severe the winter snows were and how bad the springs rains are, how fast they come and whether or not the weather allows the snow to melt slowly or quickly will determine the height of the streams and creeks. Being from Alaska, I am sure you are aware of all this. One of the best ways to find answers that I have found is to ask the neighbors of a particular property ; hopefully ones that have been around along time. There are many factors that affect the value of property. If you are looking at all, it is not too early to find a qualified realtor that can help you through the maze of government regulations for developing raw land. - Jeanie Davis - Broker Hometown Real Estate ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 6, 2013
sam_whiskey answered:
Last used in 2005. Our agent was great..sellers agent not so great...extremely slow response.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 4, 2013
Mark Don McInnes answered:
To get your best answer to your question you should be asking a financial / loan officer. We, as Real Estate agents, will do our best to guide and give our best answers to help you. With rules and requirements changing almost on a daily basis a loan officer who deals with your situation all the time is best suited to answer.

***** What you want to be very careful about is committing to an owner 'Option to Buy' with a lease and balloon payment that, when the time comes, you can not qualify for. *****

Only a financial officer can give you solid answers, and a direction to move, which will give you peace of mind. Whether with you bank or a local bank in the area you are moving, ask questions.

Mark Don McInnes
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Akil Walker answered:
The docusign mobile sounds like it would real beneficial to business
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Lauren Adair answered:
Hello pansy96753,
Did you get a chance to see the brookridge area you asked a questions about? Can I help you with any other questions or real estate information? Thank you and have a great day! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Jim Paulson answered:
Your situation will definitely require review of your actual written lease. Typically, the lease will state what type of access the owner will have during the lease, what type of notice is required, and for what specific purpose they are allowed access. The legal term for this is "quiet enjoyment".

Typically, a new owner would buy the home "subject to" your lease since your agreement would pre-date theirs to buy it. There might be a cancellation clause that would need to be reviewed as well.

There are landlord tenant laws that need to be adhered to in your case.

It may be that the owner is not aware of them either. If after you read the lease carefully, visit the issue with the seller to see if you can come to an agreement. If not, hire yourself a decent attorney that deals with this part of the law.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
See below I cannot add anything to that answer... Sorry, can you finance other than with FHA?
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more or
Check out my website at
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Sandpoint Zip Codes