Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

94577 : Real Estate Advice

  • All28
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 23
Tue Apr 11, 2017
Hello Roberta, yes absolutely there are different down payment and closing cost assistance programs. They vary by income limits, income of the total number of household, fico scores requirements, county of choice, etc. You do not have to be a first time home buyer to qualify for some of them.

You could consider a down payment assistance program such as CalHFA or Sapphire Grant which can cover your down payment and closing costs. You may close with minimal out of pocket expenses. You may consider the CalHFA from a minimum 640 fico score and the Sapphire Grant from a minimum 620 fico score up to 424k. The CHDAP down payment and closing cost program can go up to 600k in high balance areas like Oakland and San Leandro.

Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 11, 2017
Hello Leslielorraine104, yes they vary from each various website data as well as you can also study the maps and data from links below. You can also check with the local police dept. for their advice on getting their records and personal website.

These links may assist you with a variety of crime statistics:

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 10, 2017
Leslielorraine104 asked:
Trulia says they pull the data from Spot Crime and Crime Report but I pulled the data and it supports my theory that you are flagging calls coming into the San Leandro police department…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 25, 2016
Carol Ojeda asked:
Thu Apr 28, 2016
Terry Bell answered:
I presume you are talking about a realtor to work with you on a purchase, rather than listing your home. You might ask whether the realtor is familiar with the area you want to buy in. Whether they have a strategy for dealing with multiple offers, common in the bay area, and what they think you need to do to be ready to get into the market! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 24, 2016
Have parents transfer money to your account via wire.
If you are in the middle of the transaction we will need to see parent's bank statement and copy of the wire coming from their account into yours.
Should the money be in your account for 90 days, we will not need to track the funds as they will be considered 'seasoned' or yours.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 24, 2016
You and your parents may purchase this home as an owner occupied loan. You are their child and they are assisting you while you are completing your education.
If you do not have an income, your parents can qualify on their own income and credit package. In order for this to be owner occupied, you will need to be the owner occupant and supply all your information, as well.
In the 'old' days, we would call this transaction a "Kiddy Condo" where the parents would purchase a home in which their child would reside while the child was attending school.
Not a difficult transaction.
If you would like to discuss, you may email me through Trulia or call me on my direct line: 510-303-1174,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 11, 2016
Wooliensik answered:
If my parents were to transfer personal fund from overseas how will this be done. What kind of approval i need to seek for fund coming in from overseas to enable my parents money to use for buying the selected house. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 1, 2015
Arpad Racz answered:

A back yard remodel can be important, but adding living area sq. ft. or Curb appeal, can be better in some cases.

All the best,

0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 20, 2015
Hi CT:
Most borrowers can get into a home for as little as 3.5% down payment.
This would be on an FHA loan.
The SF Bay Area is considered 'high' cost so we are able to give you a loan up to 625k which translates into $647k on a purchase price.
Rates are good!
You may also put 10% down and go up to 750k with a 10% second loan.
Give me a call or email me...I am located in Fremont by the BART station!!
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 26, 2015
Vena answered:
Without knowing more about the house I can't say exactly but in the $2000 range. I recommend searching 3 bed 1 bath houses in SL on Craigslist and look for ones that are similar inside and out to your house. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Antonio Cardenas answered:
At this time, there are all kinds of deals for remodeling, and a good kitchen and bathroom are always at the top of the list for would be buyers. I would say, go for it! don't overdoit, and keep it simple but elegant, soft colors that match the surroundings. If you are going to stay put after the remodel is even better! At least you'll get to enjoy your handy work. Best of Luck ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 21, 2013
Steven Ornellas answered:
Below you replied to Sandy with stating:

"Yes, it is a buyer's agreement and we would like to know if the agreement is still binding despite the lapse of about a year."

Aside from the contract possibly being Voidable/Unenforceable and therefore "freeing you", the document you signed may come into play as well as there are three Buyer-REALTOR® Agreements:

1) Buyer-REALTOR® Agreement -- Non-Exclusive/Not for Compensation (Form BRNN)
2) Buyer-REALTOR® Agreement -- Non-Exclusive Right to Represent (Form BRNE), and
3) Buyer-REALTOR® Agreement -- Exclusive Right to Represent (Form BRE).

What document did you sign?

Quite frankly, why not just contact the Agent via email and let them know you want to cancel the contract and request an email back stating their agreement to cancel?
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 30, 2013
John Juarez answered:
Park Place Property Management
(925) 824-4817
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Jesse Crum answered:
You should use a local Realtor who knows the area well like myself. i lived in San Leandro and have been all through the area showing homes.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 8, 2012
The Medford Team answered:
As Pacita mentioned, find yourself a buyer’s agent to represent you. They will help you get ready to buy and then alert you whenever a home comes on the market in your designated area that meets your criteria. There is not a lot of inventory out there right now, so you’ll need to be patient. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 21, 2012
The Medford Team answered:
Keep trying. There are lenders out there who specialize in loans for self-employed business owners. And keep saving – the larger your down payment, the better your chances.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Connie Mitchell answered:
You may want to check your local news papers and Criag's list as well. Lots of good listings there for rentals ~ that is where I put mine :)
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 2, 2012
Michael Greenslade answered:
It could be an absentee owner, your Realtor can check the tax records and author up a letter of interest for you. If they were considering selling, having a buyer lined up may be the "push" they needed.

Your agent can also put you on a listing watch for that specific address. If that address does get listed, it will send you an email the instant it hits the MLS.

I hope that helps you out.

Michael Greenslade
Better Homes and Gardens
510 334-7800
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice