Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in San Jose : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info143
  • Home Buying878
  • Home Selling129
  • Market Conditions32

Activity 17
Fri Apr 22, 2016
Andre Da Costa asked:
Sat Oct 3, 2015
Valueaddedapproach asked:
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Michelle Carr-Crowe answered:
This is not a traditional land use here in Santa Clara County. You will be looking for commercial/industrial, which is a different category than is usually listed in our MLS.

Also your price point is below almost any of the land here. You may need to look in Stockton. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 4, 2013
Juliana Lee answered:
In northern California title companies handle escrows but their real business is title insurance. They are prohibited from providing legal advice, arranging financing, and activities for which a Department of Real Estate license is required. (unless they have the licenses, provide the appropriate disclosures, and choose to accept the significant extra risk for little extra business)

Buying real estate in San Jose is very competitive. Neither a seller nor their agent will consider your double closing, seller financed offer when they can get a big cash down payment from a well qualified borrower.

Basic home buyer information at

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Cell 650-857-1000

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara County and San Mateo County
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 11, 2011
The Medford Team answered:
As stated, any Realtor can get you the info - and as specifically as you need. We use TrendGraphix which also provides very good graphs.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon May 23, 2011
Cassandra Black, Consultant answered:
Hi Qlm, peek at the Truila Foreclosure Cleanup Blog for some helpful marketing tips for your foreclosure cleanup business ( Also helpful info on pricing and finding contracts below as well. Much success to you! ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 3, 2011
Robert Spinosa answered:

Steve has correctly addressed an important issue (as he often does). If you decide to rent the existing property and attempt to qualify for a new home loan, your lender would first check to determine that you have at least 30% equity in the home to be rented. Without that, you will not be able to qualify with any percent of the gross monthly expected rent. So renting will not get you around the need to qualify with both mortgage payments.

These measures were put in place in recent years to prevent "buy and bail."

Your situation is a tough, but common, one and I wish I could provide advice on what you CAN do as opposed to what you cannot.

Best of luck,

Rob Spinosa
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 10, 2010
Gabriel Nguyen answered:
Technically, if the original tenants stays beyond the lease term then the broker has the right to collect their commission. How much? I really don't know how much you agreed to pay him upon. But it must be stated in your contract.

Have a wonderful day.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Terri Vellios answered:
Are you looking from the history of when it sold and for how much? Any of us agents here can find that for you. What exactly are you interested in?

If you want to know items which are not of a public recorded nature, that may be more difficult. If your home is of historic nature the public library or county archives may have information.

If you are concerned about a crime the police department.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2009
Roland Barcos answered:
Hi Sf - I suggest you contact the Santa Clara Co. District Attorney's office. They have an Elder Fraud Department. The link is:

You can also call them: Adult Protective Services (APS) at 1-800-414-2002 or the San Jose Police Department fraud unit at (408) 277-4521.

Good luck,
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 17, 2009
Michael Roberts answered:
Oh my! Have a chat with your Broker Jodie!

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 10, 2009
Erica Glessing answered:
You most likely do not need a third party company. You will need three comparative sales for the form that you can download from the county, yourself. If the comparative sales are genuinely less than your home purchase value you are on track. You can pick up comparative sales at or with any local realtor.

Erica M Nelson
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 5, 2009
Vinicius Brasil answered:
As a realtor and not a legal expert, I would encourage you to consult with an attorney. However, if its just removing your son off the title you can have him transfer his ownership to you by quit claiming the property. He would sign a quit claim deed and you could record it at the county office of the recorder.

I think if you called the county recorder's office they could tell you exactly the best way to handle this. I'm not sure quit claiming is what they would recommend, since there is family involved there may just be an easy what to transfer ownership entirely to you. The county recorder can let you know of the proceedure and costs involved in getting this done.

Good luck,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 17, 2008
The Hagley Group answered:
North American Title/Castro Valley.

Coulette Darbo


Good luck!
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 7, 2008
Denise Stuart answered:
Where is this lot located, if you saw it here on Trulia send the link, I can find this info to you.
Or you can call me with the information.
Denise Stuart
Coldwell Banker
408-893-3400 ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Ali Moein answered:
Hello Lisa,
Please check out this site:

Happy hunting!
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice