Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in San Jose : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info143
  • Home Buying879
  • Home Selling129
  • Market Conditions32

Activity 157
Tue Feb 14, 2017 asked:
Fri Feb 10, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you work with a local realtor to assist you in your home purchase.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 11, 2016
Bethk1320 answered:
How does this work if rent is collected by a property manager?
0 votes 30 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 1, 2016
Cheryl Barcelona Singh answered:
I take it that the home foreclosed and someone else purchased it. If you have the company name, they may be able to pay you cash for keys to move out, or the new owner of the property may allow you to rent the home from them.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 1, 2016
Cheryl Barcelona Singh answered:
Whatever you do, don't let the home foreclose. There are many options that you have to avoid this. I have been able to help many people avoid foreclosure. Feel free to see the resources on my website or give me a call.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 30, 2016
Mitchell Pearce answered:

You have two ways to get the first trust deed to go away.

Way one is to pay it off either with cash or by getting a loan on the property that pays off trust deed by paying off the loan it secures.

Way two, if there is sufficient equity in the home, is to sell the home, pay off the first trust deed, and keep the profit.

Way one through financing means you need a lender. Way two means you need a realtor.

You are welcome to call me at 408-639-0211 to discuss this in more detail.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 14, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
I'm not sure what you're talking about. You cannot buy a home just by paying off a 2nd lien. You should probably talk to a local REALTOR and explain to them the situation and what you're trying to do. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 1, 2016
Maricris A answered:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the erroneous foreclosure status on this property page. I apologize we have false foreclosure information listed on our home details page. This data is provided to us from Zillow foreclosures and we currently do not have the ability to edit or remove the information that they are sending us.

Please be advised that I have created a request regarding the removal of the erroneous foreclosure information for your home on Zillow. Once the status is removed from Zillow, it will automatically update to Trulia after 24-48 hours.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 8, 2015
Huey Nguyen answered:
Hello Crystal,

Please provide more information about what property you are talking about? Have you been pre-approved by a lender?

Please do not hesitate to contact me for information on any listing. My contact information is on my Trulia profile.

Thank you,

Huey Nguyen
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 18, 2015
Huey Nguyen answered:
Hi Debbiequ1327:

Generally speaking from my own experience with my clients: Yes, they have had to pay their full rent. You still have a contractual obligation to pay rent, even though your landlord/association is reneging on HIS contractual obligations to SOMEONE ELSE.

If you would like to know your rights, please contact a real estate attorney specializing in tenants' rights. There are also several local non-profit Bay Area groups that have attorneys on hand to give you information about your rights and about your situation.

Best wishes,

Huey Nguyen
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 6, 2015
RonS answered:
Can you do something? What is it you want to do or think you need to do? That was six years ago. You been on vacation that long?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 29, 2015
johncworrell answered:
CORRECTION: just noticed your in Washington. ( wasn't wearing glasses, it's early ) However, check your State Laws on Google and see if your State Legislature passed something like California has. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 29, 2015
johncworrell answered:
Don't touch it with a TEN FOOT POLE!
The reason why the bank isn't selling it traditionally IS FOR A REASON
Prepare to spend a lot of money on legal fees as well.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 12, 2015
Winston Wang answered:

For which property address are you referring to?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 12, 2015
Arpad Racz answered:

What is the address please? You can email me.

Kind regards,

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 3, 2015
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hell Mimi, you may now qualify ONE DAY after a foreclosure, short sale or deed in lieu with 20% down and minimum 620 fico score. You may qualify FHA ONE YEAR after a foreclosure, short sale, deed in lieu or BK under special circumstances like loss of income.

Generally you may qualify FHA 3 years after a foreclosure, short sale, deed in lieu and 2 years after a BK from a minimum 500 fico score. Conventional financing requires 7 years after a foreclosure, short sale or deed in lieu and 4 years after a BK with a minimum 620 fico score.

All lenders have either NO OVERLAYS or their own overlays. We as a mortgage broker have 25 banks to choose from to fit the right bank to your circumstance to obtain the lowest rates and best terms.

If you have credit issues, your credit scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary. It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and compare. Here are some links to study as well as web reference links to many loan program pages offered...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
22+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or

If my response was helpful, consider clicking thumbs up or Best Answer!
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 29, 2014
Valli Lopez answered:
Depending on your visa type, you can get a loan for 20-30% down. I specialize in foreign buyer loans and have done this many times. If you do not have a visa, we use your canadian tax returns to qualify you. No US credit score is ok too. I've done loans like this for buyers from London to Australia and working on one from Japan and one from Mexico now, it's an easy process actually. Much easier than the American loan process because we document less due to a large down payment.

Hope this helps.

Valli Lopez
NMLS 98530
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 17, 2014
Cindy Davis answered:
Wow. If you can afford to do so, I would consult with an attorney. There are also tenant's rights groups. This is too much of a red flag...I probably wouldn't move in either...

Best of luck. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 27, 2014
Huey Nguyen answered:
Hello tchambersfam4,

Could you please provide the address to the property you are asking about? I am a SFR certified short sale specialist and have a lot of experience with foreclosure homes as well. I can help you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Good luck,

Huey Nguyen
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search Advice