Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in San Joaquin County : Real Estate Advice

  • All39
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying30
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 50
Sun Oct 8, 2017
Shirleycaldwell77 answered:
Who own the house at the address 4342Gibbon Rd
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 5, 2016
Mabelsomera asked:
My grandmother used to live on the corner of Downing ave by the freeway.What is there now?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 31, 2015
Rocky G.H. Hawrysz answered:
Tax rates differ even within the same City or County. It is very important if you want to understand the projected property tax on a home, that you consider the following:

1) Obtain the current taxes from a good source like the County, Realtor or Title Company.

2) Cross-reference the street address and APN# to confirm you have the correct home.

3) Understand that taxes are based initially on the sales price. If the home last sold in 1960, the taxes will correspond to the sales price and will change once purchased.

4) When obtaining tax information, understand that you still have to calculate the taxes based on the new sales price of the home.

5) Understand that taxes can be different even if the home is across the street or next door.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 20, 2015
Donald Maloney answered:
Funny reading that the commission would be based on the gross sale not considering credits.
Actually the commission should be based on the NET sales price. It is unconscionable to collect a commission on the "credit" since the seller is not getting that money and therefore should not be obligated to pay a commission on monies not received. ... more
1 vote 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 8, 2013
Babuyer asked:
Could you recommend me a lawyer who specialized on LANDLORD TENANT AND EVICTIONS ?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Larry G. Williams answered:
Did you send a letter addresses to "owner" at that address?
Did you knock on door and ask for owner?
Did you go to public records office and search for owner's name?

Any particular reason for asking this question?
I will tell you that it's most likely occupied by a tenant.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Lance King answered:
This information is public and accessible through the assessor's office. It is easy for me to look up but I'm not comfortable handing over that information without knowing why you want it. If you want to contact me off line info is below:

Best Regards,

Lance R. King - Founder/Managing Broker
King Realty Group

DRE # 01384425
415.722.5549 - Cell
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 27, 2013
Natasha Green answered:
County tax records will have the info, you can contact a Realtor- we all have access to the tax record database. If you have a contact in the title/escrow world they may help you also.

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Natasha Green
Realtor/Code 3 Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu May 30, 2013
Tim McClary answered:
He is probably a Temp Tech. These are long term contractors that work with the DoD. He probably also does the traditional one weekend a month two weeks a year deal too. Seems legit.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Tnlt answered:
627 W Colony Rd is SOLD. Sold 5/2011
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Saba Kamran answered:
Hello Raj A,
There are no gated communities. The 2 % tax rate includes the Mello Roos bond, those are special taxes to develop public places and schools. It is a rural area.

Saba Kamran
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 5, 2012
Larry G. Williams answered:
KB Homes was the builder. Morrison Homes built house just South of March Ln.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 25, 2012
Cristina Hernandez answered:
Thu Aug 2, 2012
Isabel Escoto answered:
Hello, there are some homes that do have HOA but the majority do not. Mello Roos tax is very high in that area and will vary from house to house depending on who the builder was and yes there are special assesments but most of the properties have them no matter where you buy. Last time I sold a house there flood insurance was not required but that might have changed in the last few months. Please let me know if you have any further questions. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Tony Gao asked:
Please visit website
Call me for more info.

Tony Gao
Collins Realty Inc
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 19, 2012
Sftnslky answered:
You get access to the community pool, and you will be in one of the MOST sought after school district there is...Lincoln School district. Brookside also has the lowest crime rate in all of Stockton, and with the fees you have landscaping services for your front lawn, and a nice clean community. Hope this helps. We are currently trying to find a big enough home in Brookside with a backyard pool to rent for our family strictly because of the reasons I just gave you. Good Luck. :) ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Rocky G.H. Hawrysz answered:
A contractor doesn't typically ask for a sellers credit for repairs. The contractor is a third party and is expecting to be paid by the seller or the buyer. If the contractor will be sending their invoice to escrow the buyer and the seller will have to agree on the disposition of the charges prior to the close of escrow. Typically, whom ever ordered the work should ethically pay for the services unless already agreed. If you're the buyer you and your agent should request the credit. Your agent should be skilled enough to build a good case and develop a good request for credit.

If your in contract: Ask your Realtor to negotiate a credit
If you have already closed escrow: The contract to sell is complete. Credit will be very difficult obtain.

Committed to your success,


Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610
License No. 01468373
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 13, 2011
Kevin Yates answered:
Better to seek a skilled tradesman/craftsman

Handyman refers to a "jack of all trades,master of nothing"

if you need drywall repair,call me. Kevin Yates.Craftsman. hourly rates. 25yrs in trade.Great references.
hang/tape/texture/smooth wall finishes/custom textures.209.594.8032

handypersons are not required to have a license from Ca. St. Lic. Board ...But are limited to only $500.00 labor & materials at an address,period.Not a 500 for this phase and more later.Don't let them tell you different.Piece work ~ pennies/sq.ft or $/sq.yd. adds up pretty fast.Don't get stuck with an unfinished project.With regards to materials,purchase materials yourself,reason being that is a felony for a handyman or a lic contractor to make a profit on materials,and where they can't make the extra dollar or two they will certainly buy some extras to save for a "side" job.(profit).You buy the materials,so you get the receipt,so you know where you stand.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 22, 2011
Tinarsha Brown answered:
Hello Khan,

MID: Mountain House has a 6.5% surcharge. for electricity , Tracy uses PGE

MHCSD (water, garbage sewer) This bill is combined. MH residents pay an additional 50.00 to 80.00 per month to cover the cost of the Waste Water Pledge Facility component , Water Pledge Facility Component, and Storm Water Pledge Facility Component.

While these fess may be slightly higher than neighboring Tracy community,
the MHCSD provides a great number of activities & amenities to the MH residents:

Kite Festival, Fall Festival, Music in The Park, Tennis courts, basketball courts, bocce ball courts, (at no additional cost for usage).

Youth Action Committee has a tutoring /homework program to MH youth residents in the MH library.

Warm Regards,
Tinarsha Brown
Code 3 Realty
Broker/Mountain House Resident
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 26, 2011
Joseph Gus Saar answered:
1 2 3
Search Advice