Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

92123 : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 10
Tue Mar 29, 2016

I do not check replies, so if you have a comment or question email me here:

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079 ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 16, 2015
christine kankowski answered:
Your agent needs to go on htere manually and do it. VEry easy. He needs to register. Tell him this is mandatory in your eyes to be on Trulia, since it is such a visible site.
IT is free for the agent, he just needs to get it done.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 29, 2014
I would call the police or FBI on this one.

These jerks get a money order from the buyer and then skip off with it. It is real sad to see the victims of this.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 8, 2014
Nancy Bergman answered:
If you are working with an agent, they should be able to locate it for your within their paperwork.
Some agents, like myself also send all my paperwork to a Transaction Coordinator who files ALL the needed paperwork for either side of the deal. She is my second eyes...
If not, the title rep you are working with should be able to resend it to you.
Good luck.

Nancy S Bergman
Realtor - Cal BRE #01893550
Keller Williams- Carmel Valley/ Del Mar
12780 High Bluff Dr #130
San Diego, CA 92130
Cell (858) 617-9449
Email -
website -
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 18, 2014
Bryan Horn answered:
Send me the name of the HOA and the address of the unit and I'll check to see if Wells Fargo has approved any loans in that building in the last year.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 5, 2013
JR Thrasher answered:
This two bedroom one and a half bath has been on the market for four days. The asking price is in a range of $190,000 to $240,0000. The home is 1036sqft and was built in 1975. This is a ground floor unit with two assigned parking spaces and a stacked washer dryer in a closet.

I'll put a link to the full listing including parcel number and sales history details in the web reference below.

J.R. Thrasher
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Jim Fishinger answered:
Wed Dec 8, 2010
Kari Shea answered:
Hi Katie,

Here are the basics of what you may be looking at:

1. No permit usually = No appraised value for the square footage of the non-permitted space. In other words, appraisers are trained to ignore the square footage of the rooms without the permit.

2. So while you can market the home as a 3 BR with a den, the tax record will show a 2 BR and you will have to explain when you go to sell. Happens all the time.

3. Getting permits after the fact usually involve some demolition and reconstruction. If there is electrical or plumbing involved, the inspector will want to see it which would mean taking down the drywall and possibly ceiling drywall as well. If there have been changes in the building code or if something does not pass, you will have to get a contractor in to make the changes to satisfy the inspector. If there was structural work, they will want to see everything involved to make sure the building is 100% safe.

4. Get a detailed list of the work done from the seller and when it was done, you could go to the City Inspection Department and ask them to look at it and what it would take to get the permits.

We are speaking from personal experience, do the homework up front and save $$$ and potential headaches down the road.

We hope this helps,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Serving Greater San Diego
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 4, 2008
RoseAnne Wood answered:
The link below is to the assessor's site to file for temporary tax relief when the market value of your home drops below the original purchase price. You don't really need any remarks, the assessor will check the comparables to yours. You could also get the comps from your REALTOR(r) and attach a copy to your request; the listing will have the parcel number on it. You have until May 31st to file for the tax relief to take effect in your 08/09 tax bill. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 1, 2007
Patti Phillips answered:
Tim, These links will also give you some info that can be helpful for that specific area.

If I may answer any questions after you check out the links, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm happy to help.
Patti Phillips
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice