Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

San Bruno : Real Estate Advice

  • All66
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying31
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 62
Tue Jul 19, 2016
June Buerkle answered:
You can ask anytime.

As a landlord, I expect to get 3 yrs minima ... preferably 5 out of carpet.

But every year, when a tenant renews a lease I provide them one upgrade/modification as a thank you.

A couple of times tenants have asked for new or different carpet.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 22, 2016
Giovanna asked:
Sat Apr 2, 2016
Rwoo1998 answered:
I live on Portola Heights since 2008. No, it is windy but not foggy. The fog line is very obviously parted on the Berkshire dr/College Dr. where the Skyline college exit to route 35. You will experience the difference on foggy days traveling from North (as far as Daly city). ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 23, 2015
Susie Kay answered:

I would suggest that you work with a local realtor to help you find a property.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 30, 2015
Capterk answered:
No. The pole was probably there before the wall was built and it is likely that the wall is not supporting the pole. If the wall is supporting four feet of earth, then the distance from the top of teh back fill to hte bottom of the wall's foundation will be greater than four feet, In this case, you will need to get a permit if you replace the wall, (but maybe not if you reinforce it).

To get a permit you will need an engineer's (or architect's) stamped plans and calculations.

To reinforce the wall, you may only need a contractor.

Contractors usually give free estimates (but then have to try to sell you something). Engineers usually charge you for a site visit, but they then may tell you not to worry until it gets a lot worse.

Good contractor is Al Mosqueda at Axsis Construction i south City, good engineers are Kembcon in Burlingame.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 30, 2015
Sam Shueh answered:
MLS gives 10 days after COE to remove all interior photos except front photo. After that they will not honor it. That is you need to confirm it your self.

Is it syndicated frm MLS or your agent created an account and upload all photos? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 26, 2015
Ari C answered:
This home is not for rent. Someone mistakenly listed it. We're working with trulia to get it removed.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 20, 2014
Sam Shueh answered:
That is not a local property. Same photos are shown with other metropolitan cities as location.
2 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 12, 2014
Karin Cunningham answered:
Hi J+A!

Am I too late? I would love to help! I live and work here in San Bruno! It sounds like you have a pretty awesome house! If you are interviewing, I would love the oppoprtunity to meet you and present you with a marketing plan!

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 5, 2014
Ton Dang answered:
Hi Chris,
If you are looking to sell your house, I’d be glad to sit down with you and share my specific marketing plan for your home. You can expect to get the maximum exposure for the best possible price. My fees are in-line with market commission rates; but my goal is to have you close your escrow with great satisfaction with my services. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon May 19, 2014
Chris Lee answered:
In SB, there are Shelter Creek & Peninsular Placce. Shelter creek can be good but because of the enclosed building with relatively cheap condo even in Bay Area, some people complain there are a lot of thugs and break ins. Furthermore, the neighbors often complain about the smell of Cig and/or Pot. Lastly, you can't rent the condo out even if you lose your job or need to move. You must live there for 3 years and be on the waiting list..... How stupid is that? but if you start renting out, smell of pot will get worsen...... However, overall for its price this is great place.

There is also place called Peninsular Place. I say the place isn't as clean as Shelter Creek, but you get more privacy as homes aren't really connected to each other like shelter creek. Overall pricing are the same, but peninsular place are rare to find as you can also rent the place out easier and closer to everything. The amenities give are the same but i prefer Peninsula Place because you can rent the condo out easily and easier to fix the unit unlike shelter creek who the association seems to be napolionic....
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 11, 2014
Michael Kaprielian answered:
Hi Terry,

Occupied housing units 14,677 100.0%
Owner-occupied housing units 9,252 or 63.0%
Renter-occupied housing units 5,425 or 37.0%

This answer can be found at the City of San Bruno's website, here's the Link.

Hope that helps.

Michael Kaprielian
Coldwell Banker
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Brian Nguyen answered:
Do you know your exact credit score? Who knows, your credit score still may be acceptable. For example, I have been able to give out FHA loans with scores as low as 580. So if you are in that range or above you will have a shot at a loan with a lender like myself. Otherwise, I recommend that you work on your credit score a bit. The simplest way to improve your score would be to pay off your debt and revolving credit balance on time. It's also important to understand that you're ability to obtain a loan relies on other factors as well. These factors include income, expenses, assets, liabilities, debt, employment, down payment, as well as credit scores. Either way, I suggest you speak with a lender like myself who would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me! Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 5, 2013
JR Thrasher answered:
Get an agent and have them contact the owner.

J.R. Thrasher
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 4, 2013
Lee Ginsburg answered:
The bank wants to verify the value. It is possible if the seller gives you a list of improvements or better yet, invoices of the improvements the bank may waive the second appraisal. They need to substantiate the difference in value. Another thought would be a desk top appraisal. If all else fails pay for the second appraisal. Don't let a few hundred dollars kill the deal. Possibly your loan agent can cover it.
good luck
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 2, 2013
Elena Talis answered:
First, you have to check your rental contract. If the landlord is trying to modify an existing rental agreement you may have an argument to stay in place without paying for the water. However if you are renting month-to-month the owner can give you a note to vacate at any time and for any reason. I would look for a new place instead of fighting the charges. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 25, 2013
Alexander Greer answered:
Well it really depends on what you can afford. Try getting pre-approved for a purchase mortgage and this question will probably answer itself. But affordability aside Millbrae is the best of the three.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
You can get started with your search here:,CA/

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 23, 2013
David Tapper answered:
Right now there are 3 listed for sale for $215,000- $218,000 and $234,500.

Good luck,

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 19, 2013
Karin Cunningham answered:
Yes, there are a few and they are in high demand! What's your price range? Would you consider a house with an in law?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice
San Bruno Zip Codes