Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in San Antonio : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info214
  • Home Buying693
  • Home Selling100
  • Market Conditions58

Activity 76
Wed Jul 9, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
Sum in San Antonio,
As I am certain you understood before you posted your question, this is a highly complex and extremely high risk and unpredictable situation.

There exists multiple directions of activity, the most productive depend on the co-operation of the owner.

Here is what you should do.
Pick up the phone and speak with a REALTOR at the local Remax office.
After reviewing your situation and objectives, set up a meeting with the REALTOR and the current owner of the home. Based on the co-operation of the owner, the lender(s) involved, time available, and the end game of the owner, a strategy can be put in place. This strategy, with the co-operation and participation of the owner may extend your stay significantly.

This is way to complex to attempt directing you via the internet.
Doing nothing is the worst possible decision of the owner.
Do as I've suggested and let the Remax professional communicate the options and urgency.

If you choose to take no action, and simply choose to spend time, you will come home one day and find the locks changed.

We quickly overcome the bad decisions we make but live to regret the decision we let other make for us. Your friend is heading down a path of great peril.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 9, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
Are you asking if any company uses direct mail?
Are you asking if any marketing service companies provide direct mail services?

Now, a real estate professional should carefully consider the ramifications of sustaining a proper level of communication with a buyer or seller who does not have a computer, mobile device or easy access to the internet.

Be careful, you just might get what you ask for.

Regarding your question, they all do.

Now, if the don't have a telephone either, that would be really exciting
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 9, 2014
Jason Campbell answered:
Greg, I have a ton of investors, and at times, i'm an investor myself..

Feel free to shoot me the list.

Thank you

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Realtor - 2014
Option One Real Estate
... more
1 vote 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 1, 2013
Bertha Garza answered:
Hi April , If your not currently working with a realtor give me a call , I am very familiar with the south and specialize in zip code 78223... 210-300-1719 Bertha Garza
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Imelda Interino answered:
Hi Krystal, send me an e-mail at I have homeowners all over Austin and San Antonio, TX who are looking for a client like you. So please act immediately if you want to do rent to own. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Carmen Orta answered:
Your question did not post completely. If you are wanting to buy a home in California that is owned by BOA, you can do so even if you live here in San Antonio. Please feel free to call me to start your mortgage loan approval process and I can guide you from there.

Thank you,

Carmen Orta
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Krishna Perkins answered:
Eugene Blakene is the new owner according to county records. The home is now rented out.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013
Jesus Soto answered:
HOA's are getting into deep trouble these days for not following notification procedures to all interested parties. I would specifically contact the HOA which foreclosed and verify what notification methods were used to inform ALL interested parties. Please understand HOA's also "lawyer up" when approached on this subject. Most cooperate and request that you submit something in writing to describe your request. Either way, make sure it's certified mail. The response you're looking for is: "yes, the HOA sent certified mail to the correct lender holding the note, and the letter was sent on xxxx date, and the HOA advertised in a local periodical in the legal notices section with regards to the imminent foreclose to happen"...etc., etc. sometimes HOA's have in house lawyers who will "pass the buck" to the legal firm who in fact handled the foreclosure admin.

Should the bank show up one day and say..."xyz bank was never informed of such foreclosure proceedings...", you 'll have some documentation with your own real estate attorney to argue your case.

I want to add this is my opinion and not advice that would replace legal counsel given by an attorney. I am not a licensed attorney, but instead speaking to experiences in my local market. Always consult with legal counsel in your local market for the best option(s) available to your circumstances /situation.

Hope this helps and I hope you don't have to go through any headaches.

Best Wishes

Jesus Soto
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Kay Kirby answered:
Unfortunately she does not. I am not an attorney, but worked for an HOA. Put I would diffently consult with an attorney.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Mack McCoy answered:
Oh, by the way - in maybe every state, HOAs have a priority statutory lien on dues that take precedence over all. So, while the IRS may foreclose on the property, the buyer of the foreclosure is on the hook for at least six months of HOA dues. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Russ Ravary answered:
You still owe the mortgage company because the mortgage company has first priority. Consult with a local real estate attorney to determine your course of action
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Guy Gimenez answered:
Banks will often rescind their acceleration demand and file it again after they've ensured, or at least feel confident, that their paperwork is in order.

As both a broker and investor, I've seen this many times. In fact, I just used a strategy successfully to run interference with the bank and stop the acceleration demand on a house in 78249 that the owner could no longer afford to keep. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Simon Campbell answered:
The Obama Administration has implemented a number of programs to assist homeowners who are at risk of foreclosure and otherwise struggling with their monthly mortgage payments. The majority of these programs are administered through the U.S. Treasury Department and HUD.

Here are a few of the programs available to home owners who are at risk of foreclosure. Contact your lender to see if you are eligible:

The Making Home Affordable © (MHA) Program is a critical part of the Obama Administration's broad strategy to help homeowners avoid foreclosure.

Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP): HAMP lowers your monthly mortgage payment to 31 percent of your verified monthly gross (pre-tax) income.

Principal Reduction Alternative (PRA): PRA was designed to help homeowners whose homes are worth significantly less than they owe by encouraging servicers and investors to reduce the amount you owe on your home.

Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP): If you are current on your mortgage and have been unable to obtain a traditional refinance because the value of your home has declined, you may be eligible to refinance through HARP.
There are also programs for underwater mortgages, unemployed home owners and for those looking to transition to more affordable housing. Here is a link to learn more:

Simon Campbell -
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Doc & Ellen Stephens answered:
Here ya go.

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Ryan Harthan answered:
Sure you can. You need an asset based hard money lender. They are going to want to see that you have a job and some cash reserves though. This is for investment property only as interest rates for these programs are around 12% and are used as an interim construction financing. You're real concern is the exit from these loans if you are using the property as your primary residence.

Ryan Harthan
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed May 30, 2012
Tony Z - In The Field answered:
The short answer is no. You're between a rock and an hard place, and while the HOA can foreclose before the bank, unless you've got a ton of equity in the property, it's not likely the HOA will do anything to prevent your plans.

That said, don't hold your breath on a loan mod. Sadly, only a very small percentage of them are approved, so get yourself ready for it. Put a For Sale By Owner sign out NOW and start looking to shortsale because it's going to take a very long time to do. A title company can help with the contract, and once you have one send it to your bank to see if they'll take the loss. A shortsale is only slightly better than a foreclosure, but it'll close this chapter and release you into the next phase of your life.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 29, 2012
Greg Steidel answered:
Jose I get about 20 distressed properties a month that are perfect for buy/fix/sell or buy/fix/rent investors and can be purchased from me directly with no commission involved.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 29, 2012
Michael Trautman answered:
You can use a site like Realty Trac, but the information is sometimes stale and out of date. A real estate agent would be a better source of current information; we are able to set up auto searches that target just the area you want and give you the latest data. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 7, 2012

Unfortunately financing for lot loans today is not as aggressive as it was 5 years ago. All banks that we deal with for lot acquisition have come discontinued any 30 year amm lot loans. That said I may have a 20 year amm loan for you which may come with a 3 year balloon. If you are interested you can contact me at 210-257-0642.

Easton Crafts,
Directions Equity Home Loan
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 24, 2012
Joseph Keresztury answered:
Take legal advice from an attorney only.

I had this happen to a close friend of mine many years ago in SA, he and his GF were renting a home that got foreclosed on. One day they started getting foreclosure notices and then couldn't contact the owner any more, so they stopped paying rent and moved out at will in no hurry what so ever (i think like 2 or 3 months later if I remember correctly).

Unfortunate situation all around but be sure to get proper legal advice from an attorney so you are able to protect yourself from further repercussions down the road.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice