Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

84104 : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 5
Sat May 28, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
A few things come to mind that may help: become a roommate, get a co-signor, and look for social services programs which may help you locate suitable housing.

Roommate: The benefit is someone else has qualified for the lease with their credit and income. You can be added to the lease as an occupant often without credit inquiry. If you go this route, you will want to see a copy of the lease so you know when it ends and can make other housing arrangements.

Co-signor: A co-signor can help a landlord feel at ease knowing someone else has faith in your ability to pay rent. Should you fail, they now have two people (you and your co-signor) from whom to seek damages.

Social Services: Take to Google and use every key word search you can think of, in hopes of finding an organization who offers help for: single moms, pregnant women, and the homeless. I understand you may not need their financial support - but what you are looking for and do need are their "contacts" for housing.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 4, 2016
Brad.nielsen answered:
I work with people with less than perfect credit. Circumstances surrounding individual cases can have a real impact on how much repair can be done in a short amount of time. You can call me to discuss your case at 801.810.3032. My name is Brad and I'm with SecurityNational Mortgage. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 12, 2013
hdelatore asked:
Fri Jan 11, 2013
Karen Bradford answered:
Seller should have provided receipts by licensed contractors showing the work was completed and is guaranteed. A home warranty may help, but there is generally a co-pay. Your first step would be to contract your agent and see if he/she can work with listing agent to get the seller to handle the issue post closing. If that does not work, go to the home warranty company. Read the fine print on the warranty, they can be great and I alway recommend them to my buyers, but there is a lot of fine print and if the systems are old, some home warranties will cover some parts, but not all. If you do not have a home warranty, ask yourself how much do you want to fight for this, because your next step is to repair the issue and take the seller to small claims. This step rarely satisfies due to the time and effort spent dealing with the claim and collection (assuming judgement is in your favor).

Its better to walk through a few days ahead of closing and closely review receipts, call contractors if necessary, make sure the seller lives up to the contractual agreement while you still have leverage - closing can be delayed a day or two if necessary.

Best wishes to you - its always a "buyer assumes risk" situation post closing.

K Bradford, Realtor(R)
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 23, 2008
Mercedes Holte answered:
The first step is to contact the city code enforcement office. They are in charge of making sure that issues mentioned herein the question stop from occuring.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice