Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Salida : Real Estate Advice

  • All26
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 11
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Amber LaVal Martinez answered:
The Mello Roos should always be disclosed from the Seller when listing the property. The Seller's Agent or the Buyer's Agent should always order a Property Detail Report; this report can be ordered through a Title & Escrow Company. The report will also include property details including the property taxes, lot size, and square footage of the home and comparable home prices in the area.
In response to a GOOD home inspector, there are many that claim to be good. I recommend a licensed home inspector that will return your calls and emails promptly. A Good Home Inspector will include photos and a written report on the interior and exterior of the home.
Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc.1-866-757-8480 or AmeriSpec Inspection Service Ph#: (209) 543-1966.
I hope I have answered your questions. Have a Great Day!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Michael Procopio answered:
That is a great question, most analysts predict the market will continue to rise in 2014. If you are thinking about purchasing do not miss out on this opportunity to buy low. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed May 22, 2013
Bill Eckler answered:
Neither are good options....but your decision comes down to much more information than you have provided here. There are programs and options for people in financial trouble today that are aimed to avoid drastic measures like these.

Consider meeting with a real estate attorney that can advise you based on all the facts and available options.

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed May 22, 2013
Rick McGrath answered:
While trying to provide you with any form of guidance it is most difficult for those that haven't enough to even live on. Most often I would recommend that you work toward trying to short sale the house and try qualifying for the Housing Affordability Foreclosure Alternative (HAFA). program. They will give those qualified for the program a relocation fee of usually $3000. You may try looking for rooms to rent as an option. Unfortunately at some point your lender will foreclose and you will probably end up with nothing. So do try the short sale route ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 22, 2013
Rick McGrath answered:
Along with the idea that it was a clerical idea, though it's not like there is any similarity to the numbers, probably what happened was the agent had recommended a lower price and later the seller may have decided they wanted to try to get a higher price. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Michael Ford answered:
Wed Sep 21, 2011
Carol Perdew answered:

When you are considering a move it is helpful to be knowledgeable about the real estate market. I have been helping home buyers and sellers in the Central Valley for the last 20 years and work with buyers to purchase homes in the Stanislaus County from Salida to Turlock. I strive to be a real estate resource for all of my clients.

Now is a great time to buy with drastic home price adjustments resulting in affordable home prices. Mortgage rates are at record lows near the 4% range. Home mortgage are often below the average rental payments. Market conditions rarely have low home prices and reduced mortgage rate concurrently which makes this a wonderful time to buy a home.

Please visit my website at for homes for sale, school information, and real estate trends. Let me know I can assist you.

Carol Perdew
Prudential California Realty
(209) 239-7979
DRE 985176
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 16, 2011
Henry Brooks answered:
I own 8 properties with 28 tenants, so I say rent the condo and purchase your bigger dream home in Modesto or Ripon! Start your passive income stream for retirement....Call or text me anytime @ 209-814-0119...I would love to help:-) Henry Brooks

Henry F. Brooks II (HB2)
Realtor, Branch Manager
BMC Real Estate
101B W. Main St. Ripon, CA 95366
Direct: 209.814.0119
Fax: 209.254.6727
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 10, 2010
Rocky G.H. Hawrysz answered:
Sounds like a foreclosure...

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610 Direct
(209) 433-2000 Fax
License No. 01468373
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 8, 2009
Jessica Zepeda answered:
Hi Paulina,
The property went pending on 5/20/2009. The sold price will not be known until the property has sold. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

My Best,
Jessica Zepeda
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 22, 2008
Deborah Madey answered:
Who did the attorney represent? You or the buyer? If he/she is "your" representative, then contact him/her for advice. If the attorney represented the buyer, I would not contact that attorney, and risk saying anything that could prove disadvantageous to your position. If that attorney was the buyer representative, go find your own legal counsel to address the issue of an "as-is" sale to the buyer's attorney. ... more
2 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Salida Zip Codes