Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in Saint Petersburg : Real Estate Advice

  • All592
  • Local Info46
  • Home Buying199
  • Home Selling17
  • Market Conditions31

Activity 10
Tue May 24, 2016
Alan Engman answered:
Sounds like you're having safety concerns? Give your landlord written notice of your concerns. Ask to have them corrected within 30 days and if not corrected, break lease and use your documented request as grounds for breaking your lease.

Florida Statutes require a landlord to provide safe housing. Their failure to provide it and/or correct deficiencies in a timely manner gives you grounds to break your lease.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 6, 2015
Jessid1973 answered:
i rent a house in Apopka florida, what is the highest % a landlord can raise your rent
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 15, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
I don't see why why not Carlee. There are good Lenders and brokers that can help you repair any problems. If you need help give me a call.

Good luck if you more more help, let me know
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Oct 13, 2013
Joe Lee answered:
Hello Iryna,

First, it is advised that you consult a lawyer if you are seeking information that you can or would act upon.

In terms of renting, the owner is required to keep the security deposit for a rental in a Florida bank account (interest or non-interest account) or a surety bond with the Clerk of Court for the county in which the property resides. If you do the interest-baring account, you want to have an agreement with the tenant about the interest.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 17, 2013
Jimsellsstpete answered:
What are you looking to spend on rent per month? And do you need to be near a specific location?(water, school, I275?) Did you want it gated or is it ok if it's not gated? Pets or no pets. There are so many questions that really need to be answered to narrow down what is available for you and your needs. If you'd like you can send me an email answering these questions and maybe I can give you an idea of what options are out there for you.

Tara May Webster Realtor
Your Neighborhood Realty Inc
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Maria Cipollone answered:
If you really want to make sure that everything in that lease is ok with your expectations seek professional advice. Hire a real estate attorney that can assist you with the negotiations of that lease.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Liane Jamason answered:
Here's one for you! Allendale Terrace is a great neighborhood.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 3, 2012
Linda R. Dunmars answered:
So Pasadena, and Gulfport,for your location I have a grandchild who is a special needs person(now 21) and we have guided him thru schools and the system, I probably could help you with information on this. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Loretta Buckner answered:
David: this is a tough situation to be in, certainly, and you should know that you are protected under your lease agreement from being forced out of your home. There are many different scenarios which may lead to a tenant receiving a notice such as this one from a lender, and there are NO laws to protect you as a tenant if you do stop paying your lease agreement!

An escrow account must be set up through the courts, and the only way to do this is to file a complaint against your landlord, such as if they fail to fulfill their obligations under the lease. Read your rights under Florida State Law here:
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice