Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Saint Louis County : Real Estate Advice

  • All51
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying32
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 27
Wed Apr 15, 2015
RonS answered:
no. You can file same day to stall (Note...this doesn't stop it, just stalls it) the foreclosure sale.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 2, 2014
Tamara Liggins answered:
Unfortunately a property wasn't listed with your question. Did you have a specific address you may have been inquiring about?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
STAgency Real Estate answered:
There are services you can subscribe to, which will keep you up-to-date if this is something you want to continue to do. I can also put you in contact with my local attorney's office which has even quicker and more accurate access with up to date records. Pop the address over to: and we can go from there. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Jenifer Garcia answered:
If you go to the Assessor's Office website (via the City of STL's website), that info should be public.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Dale Weir answered:
This property is not currently on the market. It was last sold in 2006 for $118,500. It was refinanced in 2008. In 2009, the owners were issued a notice of default for the property, but the records I am looking at do not indicate that the home was ever forclosed on and the title has not been taken out of the owners name. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Your first step should be to make sure your business is registered and insured. Then meet with local listing agents who specialize in listing REO homes in your area. Alot of agents manage the preservation task and get estimates and hire the workers. Other banks will use national preservation cpmpanies which you can sign up for, they require more paperwork and requirements but pay less. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Feb 12, 2012
Bill Eckler answered:

I would expect what your agent has given you for trying to make an adjustment after the fact, you are changing the rules of the game. The bank my feel they will have a better opportunity with one of the remaining two interested parties.

The reason for the asset manager referring it up the ladder is because they just don't have the authority to make an $18,000 decision after the fact. In the event the roof is leaking, you may have a chance of getting the bank to repair the leaks but to replace the entire just may be viewed as excessive.

Be prepared for something less than the $18,000 new roof you would like, with their response. For your sake I hope I'm wrong......

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Tracy Larkins answered:
A short sale would be the ideal option rather than walking away and allowing a foreclosure, an interested investor may be interested in buying and holding as a rental property. Hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 10, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
Recommend to work with real estate consultant

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 8, 2011
Lisa McKnight answered:
Your best bet is to use a realtor. The seller pays them so they can get you a list of what's available and in a variety of areas. Once you find a few you like, take your contractor with you to see what the estimated cost of fix up would be. It's also important to pay attention to days on the market for recent sales to determine if the homes are selling and how quickly where the home is located. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 23, 2011
Michael Emery answered:

Bank owned properties are sold 'as is' and 'where is'. If they are attempting to sell the property for a use that is illegal (ie if they're advertising the property as 'commercial' when the zoning is residential) then it becomes an issue because they can't guarantee a clean title on a property that doesn't meet the zoning requirements for which it was advertised.

Before buying a property that is not zoned to your needs, contact the zoning office to determine if such a zoning change is even feasible. If a buyer attempted to change a single family home to multi family on a block with no multi family homes, they would probably be out of luck. But if they were attempting to change a single family home that was already a duplex but was non conforming and the neighborhood already had multi family, the odds are much better for success.

Keep in mind there are no guarantees about getting zoning changed and the process can be time consuming.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 12, 2011
Tom Kennedy answered:
Use the $15K to buy something other than real estate or put it in a savings account. That is unless you have another, let's say, $100,000 +/- $20,000 in CASH to "fixer-upper". Think more seriously about investing in something other than foreclosure properties at that level of investment - $15K. Seriously. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 11, 2011
Lisa Rozier answered:
The best place to look is at homes that are distressed also referred to as (short sales). I hold a designation as a Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource. If you'd like to discuss with me what your goals are I am happy to direct you. You may visit my webpage to learn more about me at
Feel free to send me an email.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Ted Wight answered:
Hi Mark,

Are you asking how is the percent of commission calculated for a property that you want to sell?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 21, 2010
Laura Mueller answered:
That is correct Banks wont work directly with you and if it is not listed I can help you,. I am an agent in both Missouri and Illinois. May I ask if you are interested in purchasing the lot because of River City Casino? And are you considering building new construction.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Mark asked:
how is pay scale per property determined
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 11, 2009
Julius asked:
I'm impressed with all the information out there about this industry, I want my business to be eco friendly, recycle scrap metal we rmove from property, give usable furniture and other…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 25, 2009
Edie Waters answered:
Bless your heart! You need help right away and I would recommend you contact a CDPE. If you wish I have the name of an agent in St. Louis that you can contact .....just contact me by email, text or phone call.

Standing ready to be of service
Edie Waters
Remax of kc
Kansas City Metro Real Estate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 18, 2009
l answered:
Good point Dunes. If you need help getting inside any of the homes listed to view them just let me know Jed.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Popular Cities in Saint Louis County